“A nice quick trip from Progreso”
Review of Xcambo Ruins

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This is not at the level of Chitzen Itza, but it is a nice place that you can see in a short amount of time (you can see it in an hour) and an easy ride from Progreso if you have other things you want to do that day.

All reviews
"chichen"
"signage"
"carvings"

Reviewed 23 March 2018

My family and i visited Xcambo on 03/08/18. We arrived and discovered that there is not a lot of people on this excursion. It isn't one of the big popular ruins, so you feel very peaceful and not rushed. The ruins are in good condition and they still aloow you to climb these, unlike others in the area.Now remember there is no running water so take everything you might need with you. The ice cream vendor there sells delicious coconut ice creams...

Reviewed 21 February 2018

We loved this place because you can climb the pyramids, you cant do it in Chichen. Its a lot smaller (and cheaper) but it was totally worth the time.

1  Thank jpmfv
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

This site is small and a bonus when trying to fit multiple sites into one day. When we visited Progreso via Carnival, my husband wanted to go see ruins. I did not want to sit on a bus for two hours each way to go look at a rock. We compromised and did the 5 in 1 tour with Sergio´s. This was one of the stops. It is big enough to get a feeling of what it was like back then and wonder how they stacked all the rocks without modern machines and did not take the whole day.
The best part is you get to touch and climb on the ruins. This took it to a new level. I wish they had some information you could pick up that told about the ruins. I would of been happy to make a donation to have a few pieces of paper that I could take home with the history. Our tour guide was awesome but I know I will leave something out when I talk about them

3  Thank wingo16
See more reviews
Reviewed 31 March 2017

After visiting and taking guests to most of the other ruins we had a friend drop in for 4 days so we wanted an easy drive from Chicxulub. This is a smaller ruin but still very interesting. On our way we stopped to walk in the pink salt fields. They say that Xcambo probably used salt as their trade. There's a $65 mxn fee at the front gate and free toilets....they were clean. You drive down a dirt road past 3 ruins to the main area. There's no parking fee. There's a small office where you get your ticket punched and pick up a small spanish guide for $15 mxn. This place was built about 300 AD. There are no carvings to see but the structure are still there just smaller then the other famous sites. There were no buses or tours just another couple we waved to from opposite pyramids. My friends and I enjoyed the site and thought it was worth the cost and time. We also drove to Motul (30 minutes away) to cool of at the Cenote Sambula. We had a great 1/2 day.

4  Thank barefootmart