“A quiet retreat if stuck in Stansted Airport”

Angels' Wine Tower Bar
Cuisines: European
Description: Drawing many travellers from Stansted Airport, this restaurant's main attraction is the titular glass tower, which soars above guests' heads, holding thousands of bottles of wine. When a bottle is ordered it is removed from the tower by the Angels, who perform impressive acrobatic feats while hovering in midair. The bar also offers a diverse menu including choices like burgers, pizza, salad and steak.
Reviewed 13 January 2017

The Bar of the Radisson Blu Hotel at Stansted airport is worth a visit if you are stuck in Stansted for an extended period. Tranquil and comfy, it is only a two minute walk from the main terminal. The bar servers food also, the menu is fairly basic, I opted for the fish and chips, there were no vegetarian options, I asked my server who suggested the chef could make a caesars salad. The food was good, if a bit pricey, seventeen pounds for my dish. Service was very good, I also had a moretti beer on draft, which was really good. Often these places let the draft go a little flat, quite the opposite here. There is an italian eatery at the hotel which is quite casual, also a little pricey, it has only one or two vegetarian options.
The Angel Tower bar is known for it’s angel who glides up the tower to get bottles of wine, however the angel was not on duty, a waitress did the honour. Enjoyed my visit.

Reviewed 24 December 2016

Currently staying in the Radisson at Stansted airport. This was our second stay in the hotel. We had a few drinks last visit and enjoyed the bar.

This time we felt that things had gone downhill. Lots of staff but poor service. Long waits to get noticed (it was the same at breakfast). I went up to the bar to ask for a Cosmopolitan only to be told "we don't do cocktails".

Something must have changed recently as there is a cocktail menu online and the previous poster mentions they enjoyed the cocktails. For a supposedly upmarket bar, I found this very strange.

The other weird thing is that you can get a Brewdog beer from the room minibar but not in the bar downstairs.

This bar is now disappointing especially when compared to other Radisson hotel bars. There's room for improvement.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

First of all, i have to say the atmosphere when you walk in to this bar is very distinctive. It's so tranquil, a lovely place to sit and relax. We had actually visited 2 weeks ago and enjoyed it so much that we had to come again! And to our surprise, they recognised us as soon as we walked in and remembered our drinks order! One of the guys behind the bar (i think his name is Nuno) makes superb cocktails. I get him to choose what to make, and they all taste incredible.. especially his Bailey's cocktail! And if that wasn't enough to make it a great bar, they have Angels that elegantly retrieve your selected wine from the tower, whilst putting on a brief but beautiful show on the trapeze. Always a pleasant evening guaranteed. Not only is the service exceptional, but the whole team are so genuine: a credit to Angels Wine Tower Bar.

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

I'm not vegetarian but I would highly recommend the chickpea curry at angels wine tower bar . It's not on their main menu but since it's on the room service menu they will usually serve it in the bar . Fish and chips not so good and expensive at £17 .

1  Thank SKB50
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

I've never seen anything like this before but the trapeze artist was amazing. I didn't order the wine, my partner did was over hearing someone else ask the staff knew exactly what was on the menu and the prices. I really enjoyed the red wine we order. We got the cheapest red Merlot I believe and it was very tasty. I'd definitely return here :-)