La Floresta Hostel
US$30
Priceline
US$25
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfree coffee and teathe kitchenprivate roomyellow bridgebig kitchenschilly weatherhammock areamountain bikesnice communalconstruction workspent one nightlos nevadosminute walk to the main squaretown centregreat place to staynice viewrecommend this place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 March 2018

This hostal is in a lovely location, just outside of town over the yellow bridge. There was still noise occasionally from the road nearby but much less than in the town. It is about 5-10 minutes walk from the main square.
I stayed in a private room which was basic but was everything I needed for a couple of nights. The walls are quite thin so I could hear people in other rooms and outside, but all communal areas are out of bounds after 11pm so this wasn't really an issue. It was clean enough however there were a lot of bugs as the door and windows had been left open before I arrived. The shower was hot, very nice after a day trekking Cocora Valley. They also rent wellies for 5000COP.
I don't speak very much Spanish, but there was one receptionist who spoke very good English, and they all tried their best to help me out despite the language barrier.
They were happy to store my bag between check out and my leaving time. I also arrived a couple of hours before the official check in time but my room was ready - big plus as I really needed a nap. There are also some nice communal areas, a small garden/courtyard, hammocks and a terrace with great views.
They have bikes to hire, and can also organise horseback riding trips to a coffee plantation and a waterfall.
Overall I enjoyed my stay here and was made to feel very welcome by staff.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and really liked this hostel. Found it to be very clean and comfortable with helpful staff. Plenty of people around to talk to and go out with but not a party place - so a great place to chill out and get a good sleep! Also prices were brilliant value for money - would recommend.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
La Floresta H, Propietario at La Floresta Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Thank you for recommending our hostel, we hope you had an excellent stay and have them back.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Had great stay at La Floresta. Our private room was spacious and we got clean towels every day. The staff is really nice and although they don’t all speak English, they still try to. Bed was a little uncomfortable for us, but it was fine for a few days. The hostel is really quiet after 23hrs because it’s not allowed to be in the common rooms then. Laundry service is also very handy.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
La Floresta H, Propietario at La Floresta Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Thank you for your comment, this makes us work every day for our friends. We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

The staff is very friendly and the beds are comfortable. We couldnt check in at 2pm though, which sucked because we really needed some sleep and there were no towels available.
The showers are sometimes hot, sometimes cold. The prices are great.

Just a good hostel.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
La Floresta H, Propietario at La Floresta Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Thank you for your comment, we will be attentive to have more towel staff, this makes us every day better.

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

The people in Hotel Floresta made us feel so welcome, they gave a lot of information about the things to do in Salento with a big smile. The rooms are clean, the view is awesome. They have a quick laundry service. Lotty & Pim

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
La Floresta H, Propietario at La Floresta Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2018

Thank you for your comment, this makes each day we are better, we hope to have the pleasure of returning to serve you.