“Little gem”
Review of Kitschnbake

Kitschnbake
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Newport-on-Tay
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A fantastic addition to Newport on Tay's evolving scene created by the KitschnBake team. An eatery aware of the importance of quality products matched with friendly service. Ingredients supplied by small, local, like minded companies and staff happy to be at their work. This welcoming space has uninterrupted views over the River Tay to Dundee. Perfect for enjoying our spectatular Scottish sunsets, dolphin watching and our award winning baking.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Turned up here on Easter Sunday got in just in time as it was busy. My wife saw this on FB and thought it looked good. We were not let down the food is simple with good choice doing all day breakfasts on Sundays all day. We ordered the halloumi and red pepper and I had the haggis with applewood petit pain. Dessert was a traybake and cheesecake Can't fault any of it. One nice touch, and it is a bug bearer of mine, is the fact the salad had no dressing so if you wanted it with then add your own. All places should do this as having knowledge of the trade there is so much salad waste. Anyway lovely lunch lovely staff and nice surroundings and you can see the River Tay as well. Keep up the good work and we will be back .

1  Thank grumpyclacks

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Found this little gem on Tripadvisor last night whilst looking for somewhere to take mother in law for lunch. Turned up today & the 3 of us had a fabulous lunch. Soup of the day, pepper & courgette tart & chicken kitschnbake, tea & coffee - all served with a smile. Excellent value for money & definitely worth another visit!

1  Thank r0na58
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I decided on Sunday to take my daughter to KB, hearing it won the coffee shop of the year and knowing my daughter tastes living in Glasgow coffee shops are in abundance.
As it it great as they do all day brunch I opted for the pancakes I could not think of anything better as they would be homemade. You could imagine my disappointment
when they arrived 3 packet pancakes tiny that reminded me of a church fayre, They came with a pot of Nutella. When I asked at the cash point were they packet pancakes the reply was given yes!! I said I could not believe such a good establishment would offer this poor quality. I was told it does not say homemade on menu and all the cakes were homemade, but why in a cake shop would I expect packet pancakes 3 tiny plastic pancakes for £3.50 to be other than homemade.
To be coffee shop of the year it takes minutes to provide a lovely pancake when you produce lovely cakes. Come on Kitschnbake you can do better than this.

9  Thank elaine b
Reviewed 25 March 2018

We popped in here after walking in the area. We all had the soup which came with three bits of bread which was lovely. Afterwards we each had a cappuccino and a cake. All was very reasonably priced, staff were also friendly and the coffee shop was busy. Will definitely be back if in the area.

1  Thank lindypop2003
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Escaped from snowed in cabin fever with the kids to this wonderful little cafe (which has saved this mums sanity on more than one occasion in the last 3 years!)
Absolutely amazing afternoon tea here for bargain price of £25 for 2...food was delicious and the cakes, wow they were just amazing! (I don’t think I’ve ever had meringues as perfect as that before!) There was so much food between us but the staff were insistent on giving boxes to take home meaning I could share them(!) with the babysitters! Very generous. Also warm, welcoming and caring staff who looked after us so well despite the recent weather challenges! Have since thought of at least another 2 occasions to come back for more! Thank you!