“Wonderful restaurant ”

Los Balcones D'corales
Ranked #7 of 19 Restaurants in Lajas
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We just had dinner at this restaurant.
Our first impression was mixed.
The place is nicely decorated and has a nice view.
But it was empty on a Friday evening on a Summer day while the other places around were packed. Not a good sign.
However, we decided to stay and give it a chance.
The view from the terrace is unique. No other restaurant at Parguera has it.
The menu looked pretty good with reasonable prices and a wide variety of dishes to choose from.
The wait for the food was reasonable.
When the dishes were brought we were impressed by the size of the portions. Pretty generous for the prices.
My wife ordered churrasco with mofongo. I tried both: delicious.
I ordered Mahi Mahi with breadfruit tostones. Awesome.

Our only suggestion is that if you're having diner at around 7 pm, stay inside because the mosquitos are really annoying. Not to blame the restaurant. It's a Parguera thing. The mangroves attract them, and they're all around the area at dusk.

Overall, We found the food excellent. And the waitress, Yalimar, was really nice (and very pretty too).
Looking forward to going back.

Note: we think the place was empty due to the fact that this restaurant is at a second floor and you have to climb long stairs. Or that people might think that it's expensive due to the appearance. But looks deceive. It's not expensive at all.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Great location! Friendly atmosphere.
Had the pleasure of meeting the owners thru some local friends.
Had a wonderful time.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 March 2017

We wanted a good seafood dish, and Los Balcones D'Corales had it. We had Mahi Mahi stuffed with shrimp. Very good and it came with fresh vegetables which we could not get in many restaurants. Very nice atmosphere with fresh flowers on the tables. Good Sangria.

1  Thank adaGeorge
Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

I came here for dinner. I had the mixed seafood stew creole style and chocolate bombas cake for dessert. Both were tasty although I did expect the mixed seafood dish to be a little larger for the price. Waitress was friendly despite not really speaking any English, we muddled through with my limited Spanish.

1  Thank Martyn S
Reviewed 20 January 2017

The mahi-mahi I had was delicious as was the smashed roots. Butter sauce was a wonderful accompaniment. Service was meticulous.

1  Thank EndlessSummerCaptain