“Tapas, pizza & great dinner ”
Review of Brujula

Brujula
Ranked #5 of 20 Restaurants in Lajas
Price range: US$6 - US$35
Description: Brujula es un restaurante familiar, creado con la intención de ofrecerles a los amantes de la gastronomía un espacio donde puedan confraternizar y disfrutar de la buena mesa con sus seres queridos.
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

I am staying in Parguera Plaza and tried this restaurant from the breakfast to dinner. Excellent tapas the octopus and fish are amazing; the Bianca pizza great! For dinner ate the pasta and my husband tried the seafood paella, the white sangria love it!! Can't forget the spectacular service of staff...tks guys!

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

I went today with my boyfriend, he had been at the hotel before the remodel. The restaurant pictures looked so nice that we just had to go and try it. Because of the rave reviews we ordered without fear. We had two appetizers and a main dish. We where the only table they had during our entire visit.

Our first app was the fried and battered calamari in sweet chili sauce. The presentation looked really nice. On the first bite I noticed it was room temperature, which is uncommon for something that should've just been on the stove. On top the breading was soggy. This makes mi believe they already the fried calamari for the day and it's left outside and just tossed with the sauce if someone orders it. I didn't think it was a major food safety concern so I looked the other way and didn't say anything.

On the second appetizer we ordered the fish ceviche. Again this was also room temperature on a 98 degree day. Every time I've had ceviche it's been served cold, since this is a dish many restaurants do prepare ahead of time but keep in the fridge. Took just one or two bites then just stopped because if it had been out of the fridge for a while this could be a big food safety issue.

Finally the main dish arrived, which I was regretting ordering by now. We had ordered the seafood paella. It too was room temperature oddly since it is supposed to be served when it is done. The dish smelled horribly. I only noticed when I took the first bite. When we noticed the only thing worst than the smell was the taste. We stopped right there. We asked the waitress for a to go packaging and threw it on the first trash can we found outside of the restaurant. There where no drinks ordered other than water and with tip it came to about 68 dollars. I took a pill as soon as I got to the car anticipating the food poisoning I was about to get.

The place is nicely decorated and on a great location but the primary reason to go to a restaurant is to eat I am afraid this restaurant is just a location with potential.

Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

Ok, this restaurant worried me. We were the only ones there and no one else entered the entire time we were there. Well I can say this much, the food is slow coming out but I enjoyed every bite. My wife and kids loved the food as well. So all the people who are not eating here are missing out. I do suggest that they get the chef some help. He's a young man working the kitchen alone. There's the reason the food took long. But my congratulations to him and I hope he continues to put out great food.

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

a small and quiet to go eat family all the food we ordered was excellent , room service was excellent very attentive waitress all the time back soon .. RECOMMENDED

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

I visited Parguera because of this new restaurant in town and it was absolutely perfect! Love the decorations and the treat! Melanie the waiter was very friendly. The pizza with jalapeños had the best crust ever, deliciously taste and the desserts lovely! Highly recommend and will comeback for more!