“CHECK BAD REVIEWS FIRST!!”

Inverdoorn Game Reserve
Ranked #1 of 12 Speciality Lodging in Ceres
Reviewed 12 October 2017

I visited for a one night stay during my trip to Cape Town. This place has now put me off ever going to a safari again, I was so bored but stuck in the middle of no where so couldn't go home till my transfer the next morning : ( The safari lasted 3 hours, we saw about 5 different species but only a rhino the first night from the big 5 and we was so far away it was really pointless going for such high cost. To put into context I'm from England and went to Africa adventure world in Lowestoft where we got so much closer to giraffe, we was able to feed them from the jeep with our hands, hence I expected this to be way more wild then it was. I hated but so much I didn't want to go on the morning trip. There's not many animals and the ones which are here all seem to be rescued.

The wifi barley worked so I was sat in my guest room which has no tv and no wifi. Literally had to force myself to sleep in the hope tomorrow would come sooner. The assistant manger tried to out me on their private network so I asked for my iPad to also be, then he said it only works for 1 device, little did he know I work in IT so accessed the router to find the password and shared with my iPad. Liar!

They also overcharged us so check your bill, they did refund some money in the morning.

We was so happy till we came here, what a waste of money. I cannot wait to get back to my normal hotel!

Some good points, food was OK the steak was nice. Staff waiters friendly and helpful
I'm in joburg next week and have already asked work if I cam change my safari to quad bikes as I'm worried it could be a similar experience. Lesson learnt at least, PLEASE filter for bad reviews on trip advisor first

Room Tip: Luxury prices but budget hotel
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank grantboy1uk

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

The safari was a bit tame as really an animal sanctuary. The big five are all represented and you can close so excellent for photography. Excellent food and accomodation plus fantastic interaction with the cheetahs.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2017

In the day drive, you get put on an open bus (pack warm clothes!) and get driven around the reserve. They have a couple of elephants and three rhinos in the big, open part. The animals have their favourite spots, so unfortunately, it feels more like you're visiting an exhibit in a zoo than seeing them in their natural habitat. Same goes for the the lions and cheetahs which are in their own separate fenced off area. At least that means you can fairly close to them without too much effort.
The food afterwards is fine but nothing to write home about. Drinks cost extra.

If you have more time (and willingness to drive), consider going to Addo Elephant National Park instead. It's much cheaper and you can drive around yourself. No fences anywhere near. Unplanned, close encounters with elephants possible (if not likely).

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank _3_2_5_G_A_3_2_5_
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We went for the kuganha tents safari. I expected trouble on the dirt road but i did not have any, thus arrived at 11:30. Because our early arrival the reception offered a lunch at 30% discount.
Excellent lunch.
We were the only guests in the Kuganha tents so we had a private Ranger, Private staff at the tents.
All the staff and our ranger were excellent.
The tents were like a dream, beautiful and decorated with detail.

Food was fresh and all excellent prepared.
All drinks were included.

We stayed in early spring and we had our warm coats with us. Because, after sunset it can be cold on the safari drives.

We were lucky and saw all different animals Inverdoorn keeps. Especially the early morning drive was rewarding.

This two day experience i will never forget.
Only wish i could stay longer.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joep v
Reviewed 10 September 2017

We visited Inverdoorn for an overnight stay with one safari on the first afternoon and a morning safari at 7am the next day.

We loved how close we could get to the animals and the variety on the reserve. All big 5 are there. There were 5 of us passengers on each safari, which made for an intimate experience and each person was able to ask many questions to find out more about the animals. Tiffany was our guide and she was friendly, passionate and informative. She clearly loves the conservation work she's part of and it shows.

The accommodation was as expected and we were made to feel very welcome during our stay. Thanks Inverdoorn team!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ceres
0 km away
31.3 km away
Klondyke Cherry Farm
Klondyke Cherry Farm
#2 of 12 in Ceres

Been to Inverdoorn Game Reserve? Share your experiences!