The Rayavadee is truly a five star resort. You are treated as a VIP right after stepping out of the airport. The transfers, reception, and staff are first class all the way. The resort’s grounds are well manicured and the beaches are absolutely beautiful.
We spent a lot of our time lounging by the pool and enjoying the views. We stayed for 3 nights. On our second day we booked the full day Phi Phi island tour through the hotel. It was well done and the staff provided all of the snorkeling gear, towels, lunch, soft drinks, etc. for the day. I would suggest booking any excursion well in advance as the resort was fully booked and several of the tours were already unavailable when we arrived.
As a foodie, the resort’s restaurants and room service left something to be desired… especially for the prices (this was the only reason why I didn’t give a perfect review). The best place we ate was the grotto, which was good… but not great. Go there for the experience, not the food. We spilt an “order,” which they require you to select in advance. The portion sizes are generous and enough for two people.
I couldn’t resist booking a massage at the spa on our last day as they were having a special of 2500 baht for any 75-minute treatment. Also recommended. It was a great way to end our stay.
Pros: The beaches and nearby islands are some of the best I’ve ever seen. The resort’s location is perfect.
Cons: I already mentioned the food quality… especially for the prices. Also the beaches (which are public) have a fair amount of trash – the resort should spend a few minutes every morning clearing the beach. It would be a public service and really increase the resorts appeal.
Tips: Use the nearby “Walking Street” to pick up soft drinks, beers, or an afternoon snack. It’s only about a 2-3 minute walk on the beach from the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rayavadee's setting on the edge of Krabi's National Marine Park at the heart of the stunning Phranang Peninsula perfectly blends lush foliage, limestone cliffs, white sand beaches and the emerald waters of the Andaman Sea. The resort's award winning architecture and tropical landscapes were inspired by the atmosphere of a southern Thai village. Rayavadee's enchanting two-story pavilions and beachfront villas are spread over 26 acres of coconut groves, their spacious interiors and décor providing unsurpassed comfort for the property's highly discerning guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rayavadee Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rayavadee Hotel Railay Beach
- Rayavadee Resort Krabi
- Rayavadee Hotel Krabi
- Rayavadee Krabi
- Rayavadee Resort Railay Beach, Krabi