1,020 results
All reviews jacuzzi villa walking street tour desk west side poolside room long tail boat krabi airport pool view phi phi no alcohol carry your luggage thai food air condition travel agent limestone cliffs beautiful beach nice pool
Reviewed 28 December 2012

This review is not about the stay. It's only about the food in this hotel's restaurant by the beach. No other place serves such amazing Thai food consistently. Tested for a group of 9 people over 3 meals in the restaurant. Absolutely yummy!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank DarkLindt
Reviewed 14 December 2012

This was our second time on Railay, having previously stayed at Bhu Nga Thani. I'm not one for going back to the same hotel twice and rarely go to the same resort twice but Railay is so beautiful that we really wanted to.
The positives are that it is incredibly easy to get to the hotel, as the ferry and long boats all drop off at the West side of Railay.
We went for a room opposite the pool and it was was perfectly ok - not quite 4* but better than most. Other than being in a room next to somebody who insisted on hacking up phlegm every five minutes, we were quite happy. But only "quite"...
I think the biggest disappointment was that Bhu Nga Thani was significantly nicer - maybe not location wise but certainly the quality of the hotel. The overriding feeling was that the Village Resort was in need of a bit more care and the staff were totally indifferent compared to the wonderful team at Bhu Nga Thani.
The massages were hopeless on site, the breakfast was ok, the beach was amazing (but I prefer the East cost beach).
In the evenings, head to the East and try the Last Bar - great value food, awesome cocktails, amazing music and fire show. Love that place.
So in summary, if you can afford the extra £25 a night for Bhu Nga Thani, go there instead.

Room Tip: The rooms opposite the pool were nice enough. Make sure you close your balcony door though as there are monkeys around!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mhalliday
Reviewed 5 December 2012

We stayed at railay Village for 10 days after visiting Bangkok, and we had a brilliant stay.
There was a slight problem with the airport pickup, but we only had to wait an extra 10 minutes. The guy on the boat with his sons helped with our luggage to the hotel.
Our room was big and clean and the maid came everyday. We had a pool room and I would thoroughly recommend staying here as it was a great view.
The staff were overall very pleasant and always said Hello on passing.
Breakfast was OK, nothing to shout about. But it did the job. Yes their we're a few ants but what do you expect. Everything had covers on it. The freshly made omlets were good.
The location of the hotel is ideal and offered great views of the beach at the resturant. The food was good, and we ate there a few times when the weather was bad. The only annoying thing was the fact that they don't serve alcohol. You could take your own but it was a pain sometimes especially in bad weather.
Overall, we had a great stay in Railay. The overall service isn't great everywhere, and they have a to learn. I think that's more to do with what we are used to as 'Westerners' the whole place is very rustic so if you don't want the odd want and mosi annoying you then don't go.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hayley D
Reviewed 5 December 2012

The good: centrally located, nice pond of lilies in our bungalo with a group of frogs who sing a lot.
The bad: poor breakfast buffet with little to no local food and small selection, mosquitoes everywhere, so you might want to consider bringing a net as this is quite typical in this area. Thai people are generally very pleasant and nice and always smiling, but not always the case for the people working here. We see a lot of passing of responsibilities even when we are asking for a simple hotel towel. It took 30 min to get a tower in a poor area, which is right next to the spa. Some of the staff at the spa was as rude as literally telling me that it's not their problem to give me a towel and that I should complain with the lobby service center. It's puzzling.. a spa with no extra towel??? Well, not everyone was unpleasant. The bartender was kind to get people to help us and bring us what we need, but overall, it was a bad taste in the overall stay.
Oddly, I posted the same review just a few days ago and it seemed to have been mysteriously deleted....

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank XuanHuong L
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I had a good time during my honey moon !! I love this place, the scenery and the people !!! If you are travelling for sight seeing and to enjoy nature and beaches, this is the right place for you but if you are travelling to do shopping, my advice its to stay in somewhere at Aonang instead of this resort as it is quite far from the town area.

*On the 12/04/2012, there was a Tsunami Alert, me and my wife were stuck at Aonang as there were no more boats taking people to Railay beach due to the fear of the incoming Tsunami. I called up Railay and they were kind enough to let us stay in their sister hotel called "Somkiet buri" located at Aonang free of charge !

What I like about this Resort :

- The food is good and affordable (Halal food available)
- The service is "ok"
- I love the beach
- There is alot of activities to do/catered, such as snorkelling, kayaking, rock climbing. There is also elephant and ATV rides which you can book from there.
- Superb scenery
- Thai Massage is good and cheap.
- The vicinity of the resort is clean.
- Our room was spacious and clean.
- Free WIFI
- I had a Jacuzzi in my room

What I dislike about the resort :

- The location is far away from Town, Aonang
- Not alot of places to shop for souvenirs.
- The resort is quite expensive, hopefully they will lower down the rate.

Room Tip: Choose the Jacuzzi Villa, it has jacuzzi in your room
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple