All reviews palm house pool house fresh meals originally planned to stay nights outdoor shower sun was shining wonderful resort staff treat surrounded by trees winding road rice excellent place to stay infinity pool the great reviews wonderful place to relax nice pool recommend staying here
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Wonderful resort with a view on the ocean. A nice authentic place with just a few rooms/cottages. It is idylic, beautiful. Staff is super friendly, food is good, rooms are beautiful, outside shower is very nice. Nice ifinity pool. Good spa. Just the place to stay if your in Lovina. Trips and shuttle service can be organized from the resort as well. Very cheap. The chef will prepare something for you when you ask him in advance so he can get the ingredients. Love it here

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Hans und Angie M, Inhaber at Puri Mangga Sea View Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear Frits,
it is really a pleasure to read your comment about Puri Mangga. soo good that you liked it staying in our resort and thank you very much for your nice comment. Best greetings and have a nice stay on Bali - The Puri Mangga Family

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

I think everybody comes to this place with high expectations due to the great reviews. It looks great, the rooms are big and decorated with style (there are nice carvings, paintings) and has an exceptionally nice looking pool. But for us there were a number of nuances that spoiled our experience a bit hence I can only give 4. Some examples:
- The pool is cold, sometimes it felt it was only 24 C. I love hanging out in a nice pool, but for that the water should be around 28 C (similarly warm as the sea here). There is also a jacuzzi, but no-one used it due to its cold temperature.
- The place is noisy. During the day loud music came from a nearby place, during the night we could hear all the vehicles from the road (and not only for a second, but for a lot longer), and there is a mosque nearby so around 4am we were woken up by the muezzin, which is super annoying since Bali is a predominantly Hindu island. On top of this our waterheater gave out a higher pitch noise quite frequently.
- The food was good, but they made 2 mistakes in 3 days: once there was mud (!) in my juice, the second time I had eggshell in my omlette. I only complained about the mud.
- Though the staff is generally nice and friendly, they are not very competent, and their English is not the best. Some of the issues I list here I did not mention to the stuff because I did not feel like having an awkward and annoying discussion with them. On top of this, I have never seen a lady working in hospitality industry being in the 9th month of pregnancy...she was sometimes quite grumpy - perhaps due to her pain.
- I really appreciated that they care for the environment and use bamboo straws, refill our bottles, but they should advertise this more to the tourists - I only figured out that we can refill our bottles because I asked.
Lovina area seems to be one of the cheapest in Bali. So even though this resort is not expensive in general terms, it is a lot more pricey compared to other resorts, restaurants and in particular spas. It is also strange that certain things are priced in EUR, and they are generally expensive. I was also a bit surprised that they charged 3% for card payments, none of the other hotels in Indonesia and Bali did this earlier, only restaurants.
I hope they can address some of the things I mentioned here, than I can easily recommend them.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Zsolt B
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

One of the most amazing and magical places in North Bali.
The hotel is nestled into a beautifully secluded part of the hills looking over the sea to Lovina. You could not ask for a more perfect view looking out from the infinity pool.
The staff are the most amazing and friendly people you will come across. Nothing is too much hassle and their positive attitude is infectious!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank LauraandStephen26
damaibali, Inhaber at Puri Mangga Sea View Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Dear Laura and Stephen,
thank you so much for your nice comment. Some people just appreciate very much not to be directly at the seaside. We also like more the beautiful view connected always with a slight sea breeze instaed of the heat at the beach.
The friendlyness from our staff comes from their heart, they are all friends and love to work in the resort and having the pleasure to work with our nice guests.
Thank you again for yourgreat comment and we hope to see you again.
All the best and enjoy the rest from your Bali trip

Reviewed 17 April 2018

What a wonderful resort! Perched in the foothills of Lovina with fantastic views of the ocean Puri Mangga is easily one of the most enjoyable places that I have stayed in Bali. Wonderfully relaxing and well set out, the resort is 'classic Bali" with well appointed villa/bungalow style rooms nestled among tropical gardens and waterfalls. The staff were great and the fresh meals from the restaurant were amazing! My only disappointment was that we could only stay for one night due to our travel schedule but that is something I definitely plan to rectify when next in Bali! Suksma Puri Mangga - hope to see you again soon.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Todd1975
damaibali, Inhaber at Puri Mangga Sea View Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Dear Todd, thank you for your great comment. We are very happy that you liked our place, even it was only one night. It is our aim to to de best possible to make the stay of our guests as pleasant as we can.
Best regards and we hope to see you again

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We came here by pure coincidence and it turned out to be the best stay of our whole 3 weeks trip.

The main Building/reception/Restaurant is open to three sides and you have an amazing view to the coastline and over to Borneo.

The whole Resort is a bit up the hill in the green and therefore you have a light breeze and it's not as hot as on the shoreline.

The Villas are amazing spaceious, clean and comfortable.

Please, don't miss the Spa, which is build inside the trees with springs around. The Girls there do an amazing Job and it was the best massage of our trip.

Thank you Puri Mangga!

Room tip: Villa above the Spa
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank wolfways
damaibali, Inhaber at Puri Mangga Sea View Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

dear Wolfways,
thank you so much for your nice comment. Your description is perfect and we love that you liked your stay with us.
Best regards and have a further nice stay on Bali.