“Probably the best roast dinner I’ve ever had.”

New Inn Cerne Abbas
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This beautiful 16th century former coaching inn is an iconic building located in the heart of Cerne Abbas, one of the prettiest villages in England. Recognition in the major guide books has come and The Good Pub Guide awarded us County Dining Pub of the Year. The village is within easy reach of Weymouth, Bridport and Shaftsbury. It is also the perfect stop-off point for those coming to or from Devon and Cornwall. Journey-time by car from London is approximately 2½ hours and there is a good train service to both the aforementioned county towns where taxi transfers can be arranged.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Ahhhh wow. Was recommended by a work colleague to try this place. We went over for Sunday lunch and it was simply stunning. Met by very accommodating friendly and knowledgeable staff who took out order swiftly and politely. Beautiful pub, which I noticed was dog friendly btw, and the food was immense. Perfectly cooked sirloin, massive homemade Yorkshire pud and lovely spuds. The veg comes out separately and each veg had a twist. The lemony/garlicky broccoli with (almonds?) cabbage with some sort of raisin ahhh just so good. Def will be back. 10/10

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Our favourite pub, worth the drive for the good food, comfort and warm welcome. A favourite also with walkers as the village is so beautiful and surrounding countryside is spectacular. The menu is imaginative, using local suppliers and interesting combinations. Lovely service, plenty of parking and a really interesting village for a post lunch walkabout.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Wednesday night is Steak Night at the New Inn: £40 for two steaks and an OK bottle of red wine. Steak a bit small for my appetite but beautifully cooked and served attentively but unintrusively. Would certainly do it again when in Cerne Abbas.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

This was my first visit to this pub and I will definitely return. Although the pub was very busy my companion and I were greeted cheerfully and said they could serve us food so long as we didn't mind a little delay. The menu wasn't huge, but I prefer quality over quantity. I was given advice by on what to order as I'm not a huge eater and the fish (cod cheeks and tail) and chips I had were delicious and perfect for my appetite. After saying we would have to wait, the actual waiting time was no longer than I would have expected and it was a lovely cosy pub to relax in so the 15-20 minutes soon went by. Dogs are welcome in the pub with well behaved owners, so all -in-all a lovely destination after a long walk in the beautiful Dorset countryside to recharge your fuel supplies and wet you whistle!

Reviewed 9 February 2018

My favourite local pub for lunch with friendly service and excellent food. Nothing is too much trouble. Recommended.