“Don't say here its the CARAVAN PARK FROM HELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

SeaView Holiday Park
london
“Don't say here its the CARAVAN PARK FROM HELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We drove all day to get to this caravan park and finally arrived at 7pm. When we booked we were sent a glossy brochure illustrating a Club with entertainment every evening, a bar and restaurant which offered breakfast at an affordable price and Fish & Chips - sounded ideal!
My Daughter had gone there a week earlier and we were to spend the second week with her
at the same site. During the first week my Daughter called me to say that everything was closed and the caravans were very tired. I had paid the full amount by credit card so I called the CC company to inquire about my rights. They advised that when I arrived I should ask about the closure of the amenities and ask for some compensation. They would then take up my complaint if I was not satisfied.

When checking in I asked the question only to be told "Yes - everything is closed because no one is coming here" and "anyway you obviously won't be happy here complaining all of the time so you can have a full refund (I was offered a cheque!, and you can go to Haven up the road - we don't want your type here"
Bearing in mind it was now 7pm and we had our two young grandchidren with us, we didn't want to start moving at that time of night plus as already stated we planned to spend the week with my Daughter and her family who were already staying there. I felt I had no alternative but to try and persuade the owner, who was EXTREMELY RUDE and on the verge of AGGRESIVE, to let us stay. I have to say I have never been treated in such a way and can clearly understand why her business is not busy - she deserves nothing less!
Finally, before being allowed to stay we were instructed to sign a letter stating that we were satisfied with what we were getting. The CHARMING OWNER said "I do not want you going on that Tripoli" so under duress we signed the letter and were finally given a key. She then went on to say that if we wanted Karaoke in the morning we could have it at 9.30 am!!!!!! Not much point if there is nobody there.....
The caravan we were given was clean but the mattresses and seats were completely gone - not a lot of comfort and certainly not worth £570 per week.
Sennen Cove is a lovely place and well worth visiting but whatever you do DO NOT STAY AT THE SEAVIEW HOLIDAY PARK it's not what is says on the tin and the owner needs to go to charm school! although I think its too late on both counts.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank teb2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2012

basically we left our home with 3 very excited kids. having weeks before paid & received the confirmation form.
we phoned on route to say we were going to be half an hour later than we had told them we would be 2 weeks previously via phone. but when we rang to them them this the very rude & aggressive man on the other end (who also swore at me) told me that there was no caravan as we had'nt contacted them to confirm our holiday (via the sun newspaper). i explained we had phoned and confirmed receipt of their confirmation letter showing our payment but also asking for £27 service charge. i asked over the phone at the time if we could pay this when we arrived and the lady on the phone had said yes. along with the £20 deposit.
the eude man refused to admit we had phoned their site, infact we'd rung them twice. they had our address and phone number and they didnt contact us to say there may have been a problem there end. ie they'd double booked it !!
we drove nearly all the way to sennen before finding out we had no holiday! 3 upset children and a very rude man. not a good day :(
i suggest you dont use this site, we've stayed at hundreds of others and we've never had this treatment or been spoken to like this. he refused a refund or to even allow us to us his phone so we could find alternative accommodation!!!!
sorry written in an angry rush :(

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank angeladelangton
Rainham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Reception staff friendly enough, caravan was a bit dated; reminiscent of the 80's :)

The caravan itself was tidy and clean; however time had taken its toll on the shower cubicle so that wasn't very leak-proof... It was as was expected really - the highest rating I would give this would have been a 3 anyway and the only reasons I have dropped it down a grade are:

1. Bed was extremely uncomfortable (didn't expect memory foam but also didn't expect to wake up feeling like I'd been kicked in the back repeatedly)

2. The caravan was dated and in need of some tlc

All in all a good location but not the best caravan I've stayed in.

I didn't use any of the other facilities on site so cannot comment on those.

Room Tip: Ask for a new caravan ;)
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michael B
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stayed here on a sun hoilday, two couples and two young children. We arrived early to meet very rude receptionists and was told we were not aloud in the caravan until 4.30pm, weve stayed at other sites which have let us in hour early. Caravan was ok bit dirty. first night there we decided to stay on site and have food and see what the club house was like for the children, it was only small bar felt like being sat in a canteen, staff werent very heplful, food was poor and when we asked about enterainment they didnt have a clue and came back to say there wasnt any the whole time we were there , which we were very annoyed at as we had paid for passes and had children with us. We ended up checking out early and we were only there for five days and went to another site for the rest of our holiday. When we checked out the staff were still rude told them how we felt and asked for our money back for the club passes as there wasnt a club or enterainment and they refused. The only resonable thing about the site was the outdoor play area for the children. I would NEVER go back again as they advertise loads of things on the site which they havent got . I think the site should be closed.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sadie J
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Just returned last weekend from another two week stay at seaview. This is our 4th year here and will be back again next year,
Was unable to book this year due to work commitments so just turned up on spec. We where given a choice of pitches and could go and pick the one we wanted (not bad has we had not booked)
We have two kids and two dogs which where accomodated by the helpfull staff and owners without any problems.
The kids once again enjoyed use of the facilities inc. the swimming pool , tennis courts and play areas.
Sennen is a very nice place with easy access to beaches (sennen cove), attractions and local shops/produce (try the farm on the A30 for Sausages !!!).
The site seems to be used by people expecting a Pontins or Butlins. The site is what it is, a great site,in a great location,run by great local people trying to earn a living like the rest of us.
Chill and enjoy !!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank stevek483
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sennen
1.4 km away
1.2 km away
Sennen Cove Cottage
Sennen Cove Cottage
#1 of 1 in Sennen Cove

Been to SeaView Holiday Park? Share your experiences!