US$77
US$76
  • Restaurant
US$118
US$98
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewstop floorcouldn't do enougha lovely staybreakfast was deliciouswoodford greenpersonal servicebreakfast cooked to ordergorgeous hotelrooms bookedlovely gardenintimate feelwinter weddingspecial occasioncentral lineconvenient locationcomfortable bedwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

It was a last minute find on google which brought up the Packfords Hotel in Woodford.

My wife and I were going down to the big city for one night to watch a gig at the QE Olympic Stadium. It was a first visit to this part of the city so my search was starting from scratch. I know the tube network and which underground stations were ideal for Stratford and the stadium.

The Hotel is only 10 mins walk from Woodford Underground station which is only 4 stops to Stratford (15mins on the train), thus it is an ideal location. The hotel itself is extremely pleasant, we were in the top floor with a double bed (extra single bed seat) and en suite - all clean and great value. The only downside was the room was exceptionally hot with only a small fan to assist.

The following morning we got a full english breakfast included in the price. The breakfast was fantastic and much needed after a night drinking and enjoying a full 3 hr gig!!

Convenient location, good value and great clean rooms. Better than an overpriced chain hotel. Only thing is don't tell everyone as it only has 9 rooms .......

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank YE55DEV
Melanie P, Manager at Packfords Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Thank you for your review, we're pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
Hope to see you again soon.
Kind regards

Reviewed 11 June 2017

We chose Packfords Hotel after we held our wedding reception there, 42 years ago! We had been invited to a surprise birthday party at a venue in Snakes Lane, and Packfords was within walking distance! When we checked in, the chap on reception was very polite and friendly, and we were really looking forward to staying there! We were in room 11 and oh dear what a disappointment! The room itself was clean and served its purpose, but unfortunately it was in the attic, with a slanting ceiling, (my husband is 6'2). The room was small and claustrophobic, the double bed was pushed up against one wall, so to get in and out of bed, I had to climb in at the bottom and crawl up!!! Being of a more mature disposition, I had to get up several times in the night to visit the bathroom, this was extremely annoying and inconvenient, and disturbed my husband! Breakfast was delicious and freshly cooked. and the staff were again polite and friendly!
Our statement/receipt describes room 11 as: Double-Classic-Ensuite with Shower, the price was £91.67 plus VAT! Personally if they class this as a double classic bedroom, I would be interested to view the other bedrooms! I feel this room is overpriced for what it is! Disappointed yes, will we stay there again, that's a no, I'm afraid!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Lynne,
I was sorry to read that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. Especially as you had your wedding here 42 years ago.
I did check on our booking system and saw that you had booked room 11 yourselves online. This is our smallest double room but some guests do choose this as they like the peace and quiet of being at the top of the hotel overlooking the garden.

Of course we would have done whatever we could to ensure that you enjoyed your visit with us, and had you called our reception desk, we would have happily moved you to one of our kingsize rooms.
Kind regards

Reviewed 19 May 2017

We've been at the hotel a week in April, to get married there. We chose it from the pictures we saw on the internet, and we have to say that "in the flesh" the hotel is even better than in the pictures.
Organising a wedding can be really stressful, much more if you do it from abroad (we both live in Spain), but we've felt during the whole process very confident and relaxed knowing that everything was under control because of all the efforts of the Packfords Team. They took care of every single detail, not just at the wedding itself (where everything worked as a charm) but also during the previous days of our stay at the hotel.
Us, all my family and friends were delighted with the hotel and the professionals working there.
We recomend it highly, to stay and to celebrate every especial ocasion. It's just perfect!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank SandraC1978

Dear Sandra, thank you for your review! It was an absolute pleasure to help you organise your wedding day and lovely to have all your family from Spain staying here.
We hope you're enjoying married life and look forward to welcoming you back to Packfords soon.
Warm regards

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Because I wanted to visit friends and family in the area, this hotel was my choice for four nights this Spring, and it turned out to be an excellent choice! Small yet well situated for transportation on the tube to London and really close to restaurants, coffee shops, banks and grocery stores. The room (#10) was delightful - spotlessly clean, comfortable bed, nice bathroom with lots of towels and a heated towel rack ( a novelty for this Canadian) so I always had a warm towel when stepping out of the shower! This room is on the top floor and there is no elevator - so climbing two flights of stairs may not be for the faint hearted! I do suggest that you check what floor your room will be on before confirming your stay.

The staff are simply wonderful - helpful yet unobtrusive - from the morning breakfast staff to the office staff who handle check in - nothing is too much trouble. One evening I didn't want to go and eat in a restaurant on my own, so (on their advice) I walked to the Turkish restaurant close by, collected take out, and when I returned they had laid a place setting for me at a table in the bar so I could eat my evening meal in comfort.

I can honestly say it was one of the most enjoyable stays I have experienced ( even though I was staying on my own). It was such a pleasure to find this small family run hotel expertly run - and to find that everyone at Packfords really cares about offering a professional yet very personal service to their guests.

Room Tip: No elevator but don't let this put you from staying at Packfords. There are rooms on the ground floor if you can't climb stairs.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank paulineg127
Reviewed 15 April 2017

We chose Packfords for our wedding party, as we wanted the celebration locally, and live nearby. The planning service was excellent, as was the communication with the venue (via Mel, our planner). Admittedly we didn't have that many complicated demands, but anything we asked for was facilitated without any fuss at all.
On the day itself, the event ran seamlessly - We didn't have to worry about anything at all, and the service and friendliness of the staff was commented on by several guests. We chose 'bowl food' as an option, and no one went home hungry.
All the guests who chose to stay were delighted with the standard of the accommodation, and the breakfast the following morning was enjoyable,with plenty of choice.
I'd recommend the venue to anyone planning an event, formal or informal. I may even return for my 50th....

Room Tip: All rooms have different features (roll top bath, ground floor access for example) - There is also a suite
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends