“Value for money, family run boutique hotel....”
Review of Packfords Hotel

Packfords Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Woodford
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

My son & I stayed 6 nights at this gem in Woodford, Essex. We took the apartment which was spacious...had a kitchenette too! Very clean place though no a/c could be an issue in warmer weather. Couple of fans were enough for us in this season. Breakfast is part of the deal. We had informed them that I am pure vegetarian, so I was given a hearty English breakfast with vege sausages made lovingly by Cheryl.She was very warm & on the day we left, she gave me a pack of my favourite biscuits which I had loved! Thank you all at Packfords,(all were so welcoming) we had a memorable holiday & would love to visit again!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Packfords Hotel

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

It was a last minute find on google which brought up the Packfords Hotel in Woodford.

My wife and I were going down to the big city for one night to watch a gig at the QE Olympic Stadium. It was a first visit to this part of the city so my search was starting from scratch. I know the tube network and which underground stations were ideal for Stratford and the stadium.

The Hotel is only 10 mins walk from Woodford Underground station which is only 4 stops to Stratford (15mins on the train), thus it is an ideal location. The hotel itself is extremely pleasant, we were in the top floor with a double bed (extra single bed seat) and en suite - all clean and great value. The only downside was the room was exceptionally hot with only a small fan to assist.

The following morning we got a full english breakfast included in the price. The breakfast was fantastic and much needed after a night drinking and enjoying a full 3 hr gig!!

Convenient location, good value and great clean rooms. Better than an overpriced chain hotel. Only thing is don't tell everyone as it only has 9 rooms .......

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank YE55DEV
Reviewed 11 June 2017

We chose Packfords Hotel after we held our wedding reception there, 42 years ago! We had been invited to a surprise birthday party at a venue in Snakes Lane, and Packfords was within walking distance! When we checked in, the chap on reception was very polite and friendly, and we were really looking forward to staying there! We were in room 11 and oh dear what a disappointment! The room itself was clean and served its purpose, but unfortunately it was in the attic, with a slanting ceiling, (my husband is 6'2). The room was small and claustrophobic, the double bed was pushed up against one wall, so to get in and out of bed, I had to climb in at the bottom and crawl up!!! Being of a more mature disposition, I had to get up several times in the night to visit the bathroom, this was extremely annoying and inconvenient, and disturbed my husband! Breakfast was delicious and freshly cooked. and the staff were again polite and friendly!
Our statement/receipt describes room 11 as: Double-Classic-Ensuite with Shower, the price was £91.67 plus VAT! Personally if they class this as a double classic bedroom, I would be interested to view the other bedrooms! I feel this room is overpriced for what it is! Disappointed yes, will we stay there again, that's a no, I'm afraid!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2017

We've been at the hotel a week in April, to get married there. We chose it from the pictures we saw on the internet, and we have to say that "in the flesh" the hotel is even better than in the pictures.
Organising a wedding can be really stressful, much more if you do it from abroad (we both live in Spain), but we've felt during the whole process very confident and relaxed knowing that everything was under control because of all the efforts of the Packfords Team. They took care of every single detail, not just at the wedding itself (where everything worked as a charm) but also during the previous days of our stay at the hotel.
Us, all my family and friends were delighted with the hotel and the professionals working there.
We recomend it highly, to stay and to celebrate every especial ocasion. It's just perfect!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank SandraC1978
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Because I wanted to visit friends and family in the area, this hotel was my choice for four nights this Spring, and it turned out to be an excellent choice! Small yet well situated for transportation on the tube to London and really close to restaurants, coffee shops, banks and grocery stores. The room (#10) was delightful - spotlessly clean, comfortable bed, nice bathroom with lots of towels and a heated towel rack ( a novelty for this Canadian) so I always had a warm towel when stepping out of the shower! This room is on the top floor and there is no elevator - so climbing two flights of stairs may not be for the faint hearted! I do suggest that you check what floor your room will be on before confirming your stay.

The staff are simply wonderful - helpful yet unobtrusive - from the morning breakfast staff to the office staff who handle check in - nothing is too much trouble. One evening I didn't want to go and eat in a restaurant on my own, so (on their advice) I walked to the Turkish restaurant close by, collected take out, and when I returned they had laid a place setting for me at a table in the bar so I could eat my evening meal in comfort.

I can honestly say it was one of the most enjoyable stays I have experienced ( even though I was staying on my own). It was such a pleasure to find this small family run hotel expertly run - and to find that everyone at Packfords really cares about offering a professional yet very personal service to their guests.

Room Tip: No elevator but don't let this put you from staying at Packfords. There are rooms on the ground...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodford
2.3 km away
St. Georgio Hotel
#5 of 15 in Ilford
5.6 km away
Holiday Inn Express London-Newbury Park

Been to Packfords Hotel? Share your experiences!