“Lunch in Nonna's home town”

Taverna de li Caldora
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Pacentro
Price range: US$23 - US$47
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Fantastic view on the terrace is the start to an amazing lunch. We had the antipasto which was a feast on its own. No menu, the waiter is the menu. What an experience, some dishes I wouldn't have chosen off a menu but you need to experience the local cuisine. Beautiful wine and would definitely go again

1  Thank borborbet

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

So manu starters...go there if you're very hungry....
Great place for eating in the center of pacentro

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

It is a rare restaurant experience to be cooked for. As a shy person, the idea makes me downright uncomfortable. Armed with a bright smile & enthusiastic and broken Italian, we let a man cook for us. What followed was a delightful culinary embrace from Italy. Beginning with antipasti, through dessert the warmth of Italy and the Italian people impressed with subtle flavor and care in preparation. The seasonal dishes were perfect and the dessert light and perfect for digestion. If given the chance, I will let this man cook for us any time!

1  Thank Savannah B
Reviewed 18 September 2016

We weren't too sure what to expect with this restaurant considering it's in a very small town (where the singer Madonna was born) and on the side of a mountain. But we made the trek up and what a surprise. Carmen and his staff were impeccable and the food was wonderful. From the non-stop antipastos to the homemade pasta's to the succulent roasted lamb chops to the "spiducci" or "roastachinni" as the locals call them. By the way - did I say "What a view"? We dined outside on the terrace and you are overlooking the town of Sulmona. We enjoyed it so much, we visited again a week later and took our relatives as well. It was just as enjoyable the second time an I am definitely going to visit this place again when I visit Italy again. A must place to dine if you are ever in the Sulmona area.

1  Thank navigator627
Reviewed 7 September 2016

Surely I have reviewed Caldora in the past. I went again this year & it never disappoints! Just name your favorite food and magically it appears in front of you at a great price! Truly one of the finest restaurants in Italy !!

2  Thank Toyia