“Easter Sunday Baptism Lunch”
Review of The New Lodge

The New Lodge
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Pontardawe
Price range: US$4 - US$18
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

On this occasion I booked for a party of 12 to dine at 2pm. We arrived 15 minutes early and our table was set and waiting for us. I ordered drinks for everyone and our order was taken quickly afterwards. Service was faultless and the food was both tasty and plentiful. All 12 people thoroughly enjoyed and a big thank you to the staff on the day for making it an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Came here with friends, a table of four. We did waits little while for food, but the place was quite busy and when the food was delivered with perfectly cooked homechips, and delicious mains, the waist did not matter! Between us we had lasagne, steak, fish and cottage pie- no complaints with any of them and all cleared the plates. They have a good selection on the Gluten Free menu which seems to be a rarity so Excellent if you are GF and fancy a bit of choice for a change. Will definately be back soon atleast to try their midweek carvery!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I took my husband here for lunch after having a lovely experience with friends a while ago. There was only one girl working but it wasn't overly busy. She directed us towards a table, brought menus and took our drinks order.
We waited as the tables around us were served both food and drinks, we waited as the same girl cleaned glasses, we waited when a woman who had been served drinks and food went to the bar and asked for another round of drinks for her table. We foolishly thought that we may get a drink and have our order taken before the fresh round of drinks were provided to the ladys table. WRONG. The girl serving actually took drinks to that table and another one and still completely ignored us.
After telling my husband how lovely the food was and what a nice atmosphere the pub had etc etc we finally gave up after 30 minutes of being completely ignored. No mean feat as this is not a big pub by any means.
Before leaving I told the girl, who by this time was having a cosy chat with a lady on the table next to us, that she had ruined our afternoon and asked if we had become invisible once seated. The lady at the table started to tell me that the food was really lovely food to which I replied that I knew from a previous experience who would not be returning based on this experience. The girl who had ignored us looked at me like she'd never seen me before and whilst she did apologise to be so rude and ignore us for 30 minutes in such a small space in inexcusable. Either get staff who know how to serve or employ more than one incompetent girl who clearly had no idea. Either way we will not be returning.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Visited at lunchtime and had the 2 for £12 deals. Lovely food, good size portions and real homemade chips. Salad bar selection was included in the price and a welcome surprise. We all enjoyed our meals which are very good value for money. The waitress was friendly, welcoming, helpful and efficient. The restaurant is clean and warm. Looking forward to our next visit for the Wednesday carvery!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Just returned home from this fantastic hotel staff were very friendly, helpful, food was great and to top it all rooms very comfortable, modern and exceptionally clean. The owners couldnt do enough for us, nothing was too much trouble. Would definately recommend a stay there :-)