“Great food. Space too right and loud though.”

Melissa Ocakbasi Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 98 Restaurants in Edgware
Price range: US$11 - US$17
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We cordially invite you to our restaurant Melissa. It combines tradition with modernity in an exceptional way. We serve tasty traditional Turkish food in a modern and refreshing interior design.
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Food is very good and also priced well.

The restaurant is very cramped and the tables and chairs are stuck together. Quite loud too.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Our order was taken promptly and the hummus and salad came soon after. The hummus was an appetiser on the house as I thought the salad was too, which came at the same time. I realised later the salad should have been saved for my main course. The hummus was nice as was the sweet pita bread.

Then things went rapidly down hill when the main course was presented. My wife's chicken was ok, but my doner kebab was so dry, it was curling at the edges. I assume it had been carved some time earlier and left in the container to keep warm. Trouble was, it had been left in there too long.

I could have complained and ordered again, but I was so put off, I couldn't wait for my wife to finish so we could pay and get out. We were in and out in 25 minutes.

2  Thank Nigel B
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

My sixth visit and it was even better than before. Great food, fresh salad, large portions, well presented. Only downside would have preferred real flowers rather than artificial.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Food excellent in its Turkish style genre. The restaurant is large, comfortable and the decor is typical also of its genre. The service is friendly, efficient and helpful. Whilst there is a fairly quick turn round in diners, if you want to linger nobody seems to object. On the other hand, it is ideal for a lunch hour or if you are, like us on our last visit, dropping in for something to eat before going to the cinema.

Excellent value with a starter served to everyone free of charge. Good take away service but collection only. Salads included in the very reasonable price for each main course. On some dishes, a small option is available at a reduced price. We consider Melissa Ocakbasi our ;local' so we visit at least once a month. We have introduced friends to this restaurant and they have visited with friends of their own subsequently. Whilst we have not had a meal there at a table of more than six people, we see family groups catered for and they always seem to enjoy their experience.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Best place to go for a kebab,reasonably priced and always welcoming,highly recommended!!!!! Never been disappointed with service or food, keep it up!!!