All reviewsthe ownerlovely weekendnew forestcomfortable bedwithin walking distancemarmalademy boyfriendchristinetrainstationwalkscottagepubstipscyclinglyndhurst
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had a great time at Kingswood cottage. It's very easy to get to from the station and there are some good walks/pubs on the doorstep. Christine was lovely and went out of her way to give us a lovely trip. Would definitely recommend

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed three nights and used as a base for visiting New Forest attractions.

The B&B has a beautiful setting, yet easily accessed by train or car. It is within walking distance of at least two pubs and a good local restaurant, and we'll placed for forest walks and cycling.

The rooms were very clean, we'll furnished and recently decorated. Breakfast was if a very high standard and flexible in terms of time and options. There were three guest rooms.

The host, Christine and her husband Paul were both very helpful and knowledgeable. They provided recommendations for New Forest attractions and places to eat.

Overall the B&B is of a very high standard and is highly recommended.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul C
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

I spend a lovely week end in a petite tresor hidden in the wood.
I arrived with my boyfriend on the Friday with the train. Christine, the owner came to pick us up and drove to the cottage. It was literally 5 minutes driving but she wanted to make sure we were welcomed appropriately.

From outside looked fabulous but inside was even better.
Christine showed us the room and she gave us some tips for dinner.

Breakfast and the dining area was lovely, the food incredible.
She was so welcoming and her family was so lovely too.
I've loved to be there and I found so good the advices she gave us about the area and what to visit in accordance with our liking.
Reaching the place with the train was very easy and the same to travel around with pubblic transports as we went to Lyndhurst and Lymington.
I hope to go back in spring or summer.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2016

If it’s a B&B your looking for, near Southampton, then this is it.
Kingswood cottage is full of charm with warm comfortable rooms complete with excellent bathroom facilities.
The dinning area is graceful with a tranquil view into their delightful garden. A very pleasant place to start your day.
Christine your host is just like her cottage full of charm and warmth.
The breakfasts I would describe as elegant and delicious, especially her smoked trout, (which I should point out she catches herself from local streams).
Location was a breeze to find, and easy access to all the many surrounding areas of interest.
We have very fond memories of our visit there, highly recommended for anyone looking to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here on a cold winter night and the owner came to pick us up from the station and show us the places to eat. It was a really nice touch and made us feel right at home in Ashurst. The room had a beautiful view and the mattress was comfortable. What more could you want. The breakfast was a real treat, not only because the food was good but the female owner gave us a quick history lesson on the history of the new forest. It really gave some context to our trip and I loved that little bit of extra care and attention. The house itself is full of fun little animal statues and has some lovely mushroom carvings in the front garden. I would really recommend this place for anyone looking for somewhere friendly to stay. We have stayed in other places for the rest of our trip and had nowhere near as good of an experience as here.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple