Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$118
View deal
Hotels.comUS$118
Expedia.comUS$118
PricelineUS$118
eDreamsUS$118
FindHotelUS$117
Trip.comUS$118
All reviews the main house swimming pool mansion house entrance hall self catering dvd player lord kitchener listed building bar menu fantastic stay wedding reception kent countryside night break snooker room the pub lodge sauna
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 October 2020

This is a beautiful and impressive country house hotel. Room was enormous with fantastic views and space. Public areas are impressive and as designed for effect when Lord Kitchener owned the house. Staff were uniformly pleasant and helpful and extremely welcoming. There is a very good indoor swimming pool and sauna for the use of guests. Oddly the decor and furniture in the room was cheap 1980s. With a little tlc (e.g. some antique furniture, pictures on the walls, new bathroom suite, perhaps historic features such as ceiling plasterwork restored) the room would have have had an enormous "wow" factor. Still had a "wow" factor due to size and views but a little effort would take it to an extra level.

Date of stay: October 2020
John Woodward, General Manager at Broome Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2020

Dear Keith

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I will pass on all the kind comments about the staff to the team. We are glad that you enjoyed the size of your room and the history of Broome Park and we hope that you return to see us soon in the very near future.

Reviewed 11 October 2020 via mobile

My partner and I took our son here as a treat for his 13th birthday. He loves hotels and we thought this place looked right up his street!
On our approach we were full of expectation and excitement - the building is absolutely beautiful and promises lots. But.
The large entrance hall is grand but tired and dated. The grandeur really slips away as you head up to the second floor... The "Kent" room, whilst large, is in a terrible state of repair.
The living room area had an incredibly low ceiling that brushed the top of my partner's head. It was an uncomfortable room to be in so we completely avoided it. The bathroom was very dated and poorly kept, the wooden bath panel black with damp, only one of the three lights actually worked, and the dodgy electric shower sounded like it was about to take off.
All furniture was mismatched, rickety and dated. Curtains stained and hanging off, around half the lighting not working. It just all felt like we were in an odd budget B&B in the 70s. Genuinely laughable at some points.
Service in the bar was poor and slow, dirty tables, chilly, no atmosphere, staff not knowledgeable and drink selection very limited. Dinner was good, but vegetarian options rather limited. Breakfast also good, but a very sticky table and many things on the menu were unavailable - which we weren't told until we asked for them.
The timeline emblazoned everywhere states this hotel, which they try to push as total luxury, was taken over by new investors in 2017 which makes the poor state of repair of the entire place more bizarre... We put on brave faces so as not to spoil it for our son, but if it had been just the two of us or for more than one night we'd have spoken to management, or left.
Save your money and go to Premier Inn.

Trip type: Travelled with family
John Woodward, General Manager at Broome Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2020

Dear Katie

Thank you for your review of Broome park. We do have a project planned for a full refurbishment as you may have read but this is all dependant on British Heritage approval as we are a grade 1 listed building. We do however try and make the the hotel as comfortable as possible and I assure you that we do not advertise or portray ourselves as luxury or 5 star. The general maintenance issues I will of course look into and apologise for. The only product missing from our bars at present are 2 draught beers as they do not sell and it would be interesting to know what the issues were with staff knowledge. We do have an issue with tables at the moment as the new chemical we use does leave a sticky effect due to re-vanishing during lock-down which we are currently looking into, apologies for this. As with all vegetarian request you were offered the restaurant and lounge menu which in total has 4 vegetarian starters, 5 main courses and a vegan sharing board. I personally checked you out on Sunday and of course if you had spoken to me then or contacted me later if you did not want to speak in front of your son I of course would have been happy to discuss options for the issues that you encountered. If you do want to give us another chance once refurbished please come directly to myself and I will make sure that you get the best experience that i can offer.

Reviewed 6 October 2020

Well I have to say my first visit at the hotel has not been a disappointment, the welcome was first class and I was upgraded at no request from myself which was very nice.
The Stuart room was perfect and everything was fine, pity the CoVID enforcements means no room service, no proper cups etc however this did not distract from my overall experience.
The dinner was first class and great value, staff couldn’t do enough to make things as comfortable for the guests....well done everyone!

Trip type: Travelled on business
John Woodward, General Manager at Broome Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2020

Dear Michael

Thank you so much for your kind review and we look forward to seeing much more of you over the coming months.

Reviewed 5 October 2020

The house and grounds are beautiful, the staff were helpful as far as they could be but, for the hotel rating and price, the room was pretty dire. The furniture was old, doors hanging lopsided and handles broken, there was a fridge or sorts (cheapest portable fridge from Argos) that didn't work, no real heating in the room so a cheap portable convention heater was provided, the shower was so weak that the water barely dribbled out of the head when above waist height and you need to be an acrobat to use the toilet (judging by the plug gurgling, the waste for which seemed to be plumbed into the same waste as the bath). The whole room was dated. I appreciate that it is a listed building but most of the improvements needed are cosmetic or just appliances that need fixing. Paid extra for a bottle of Champaign in the room which was there but was warm to the touch and the fridge was broken (not that the fridge would have been big enough for the bottle anyway).

I did mention the room issues to someone on reception but they didn't acknowledge it as an issue.

I know this all seems quite negative but we chose to stay at Broome Park as a treat. We could have stayed at a budget / mid-range hotel. Just be aware that you are paying to be in a nice house, and that doesn't necessarily mean a nice room.

Dear Alan

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are disappointed that you thought that the room was poor as you have probably read we are due an upgrade. I will mention the champagne and reception acknowledgement to the relevant team leaders. Thank you for your comments on the house and grounds.

Reviewed 30 September 2020 via mobile

Came for 3 night stay. Stayed in the Oxenden room. Spacious. Four poster with no adornments due to covid good practice. Staff in all departments (including the golf shop) accommodating, pleasant and helpful. The chef was even happy to cook my steak to my exact requirements! A relaxing stay. Food and drink not overpriced like some hotels.
Only reason didn't give full five star rating was it does need a bit of a refurb. Not so bad that it is unpleasant and to be truthful wouldn't want to pay the price it could fetch if all tarted up.
Altogether a great break and worth visiting if you're not going to stare at the decor during your stay.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janiegoddard
John Woodward, General Manager at Broome Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2020

Dear Janie

Thank you for your very fair review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you come back in the future to visit us. I will pass on your kind comments around staff, food and golf to the team who really do get a sense of achievement with this kind of feedback.