“Old world charm ”

Cuisines: African
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Always a wonderful place to return to - for tea or a good meal. Fascinating old world charm. Wonderful to remember all the memorabilia from yester year.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

This is the second time I have been here in 5 years, and I will visit each time I pass through this part of the world.
I wish I could afford a container to be shipped home, carrying everything I currently have within view. Ok, maybe not everything!
The details here are delightful.
The owner was here, and adds a very friendly, warm touch.
I opted for the Farmhouse Breakfast, which adds a South African twist to a Full English. Not for vegetarians as it is a bit of a meat feast, with boerewors (local sausage), chicken liver, or even mince! But there is plenty on offer for our vegetarian friends
It makes me happy to see that this place is still here as sadly so many lovely establishments can't sustain the ebb and flow of tourist season.

The breakfast was delicious, and the chicken livers out of this world.

If you find yourself on the N9 via Willowmore, please stop in.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

We were recommended to stop over and visit Sophie's Choice in Wiillowmore on our way from Graaff Reneitt to the Wilderness. What a lovely surprise and certainly a worthwhile visit.

Sophie and her restaurant are both warm, inviting and very interesting indeed. We both had breakfast, which was well presented and loved the touch of fresh herbs. Service was quick and attentive. I was really chuffed to have my tea served in a cute teapot with a China teacup.

Sophie has artistically displayed beautiful vintage, antique, modern items and old books together to create a really dramatic setting and a feast for the eyes making for great photographic opportunities.

You need to set aside at least 90 minutes to enjoy your visit. Also sneak out into the garden at the back as there are quaint secret rendezvous tables. Enjoy.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Always the place to stop if u are venturing around roads less traveled .
Its famous amongst countryside town's must dos.
The owner was in attendance and what a delightful lady.
They recommended we sit at the rear in a little courtyard which we had all to ourselves.
Great presentation and detailed preparation of the items we chose.
Friendly service.
The interior is eclectic,amazing objects de art from years gone bye.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I drove from our cave accommodation..... Makkedaat caves.... into Willowmore to explore. We browsed through old shops with museum pieces before thinking of getting something to eat. It was a cold and wet day. We entered Sophie because it was an antique shop and were wonderfully surprised that it had a small Restuarant inside as well. A warm fire and warm reception with exceptional comfort food. The cheesecake and hit chocolate was also fantastic. If you are passing through Willowmore then you must pop on and see for yourself