“Another pleasant surprise in the Karoo.”
Review of Sophie's Choice

Sophie's Choice
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Willowmore
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 9 October 2017

The Karoo turns up some amazing places occasionally, and this is one of them. The owner is a wonderful lady, who genuinely cares about the comfort and satisfaction of every person that walks through the door.

The food really is homely and good. The addition of a proper coffee machine is a big plus as well.

I have been here a couple of times, and it has been really nice each time. I hope that Sophia the owner keeps up the good work, she has manufactured a gem in the Karoo that puts Willomore on the map. I just wish there weren't any mannequins and dolls everywhere. The art is great, but limbless dolls and mannequins is creepy, if you ask me. Takes away the 5th star.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Willowmore is the western gateway to the iconic Baviaanskloof, and as such Sophie's Choice is the ideal restaurant venue to stop over before heading into the valley, or on leaving it. It conjures up a past era with its dense display of wide-ranging brick-a-brac, suitably complemented by the down to earth hospitality of owner Sofia. The breakfast of egg souffle was excellently prepared and a generous portion, while the coffee, carrot and cheese cake which we enjoyed on a second visit was in its own class.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Always a wonderful place to return to - for tea or a good meal. Fascinating old world charm. Wonderful to remember all the memorabilia from yester year.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

This is the second time I have been here in 5 years, and I will visit each time I pass through this part of the world.
I wish I could afford a container to be shipped home, carrying everything I currently have within view. Ok, maybe not everything!
The details here are delightful.
The owner was here, and adds a very friendly, warm touch.
I opted for the Farmhouse Breakfast, which adds a South African twist to a Full English. Not for vegetarians as it is a bit of a meat feast, with boerewors (local sausage), chicken liver, or even mince! But there is plenty on offer for our vegetarian friends
It makes me happy to see that this place is still here as sadly so many lovely establishments can't sustain the ebb and flow of tourist season.

The breakfast was delicious, and the chicken livers out of this world.

If you find yourself on the N9 via Willowmore, please stop in.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

We were recommended to stop over and visit Sophie's Choice in Wiillowmore on our way from Graaff Reneitt to the Wilderness. What a lovely surprise and certainly a worthwhile visit.

Sophie and her restaurant are both warm, inviting and very interesting indeed. We both had breakfast, which was well presented and loved the touch of fresh herbs. Service was quick and attentive. I was really chuffed to have my tea served in a cute teapot with a China teacup.

Sophie has artistically displayed beautiful vintage, antique, modern items and old books together to create a really dramatic setting and a feast for the eyes making for great photographic opportunities.

You need to set aside at least 90 minutes to enjoy your visit. Also sneak out into the garden at the back as there are quaint secret rendezvous tables. Enjoy.