“Some good points - but a bit disappointing ”

Bel & The Dragon Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bel & The Dragon Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Kingsclere
Description: Nestled between chalk hills and springs, Bel & The Dragon at The Swan, takes its place within the heart of Kingsclere village. This country inn emulates Bel & The Dragon’s distinctly cosy and classic style, and offers nine beautiful en-suite bedrooms in additional to an attractive bar, restaurant & terrace.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This pub has lovely decor and felt really cosy on a rainy day. Unfortunately, there isn’t much choice for vegetarians my starter was a little sad, and I ordered the fish of the day which was described to me as fried cod with some vegetables by our waitress, when it came out it was covered in crayfish (which I don’t eat - I know this is fussy but I just would have ordered something else if I’d known that), my husbands main course was good (pork) and we shared a tarte Tatin for desert which was lovely. The service was a bit lack lustre and drinks were very pricey. Overall I’d say ok but not great.

Lucia G, Public Relations Manager at Bel & The Dragon Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear Ryleeama,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

I was very sorry to read that your experience with us was not wholly positive. It goes without saying that our guest experience is something that we pride ourselves on and I believe that there must have been some confusion from our end which let you down. We would always ask that should you have any comments during your meal to let us know straight away so that we may assure that your expectations be exceeded.

If you would like to discuss your feedback further please do contact us on manager@belandthedragon-kingsclere.co.uk. We would welcome hearing from you.

All the best,
Lucia

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I recently visited as a table of 4 with friends on a Friday evening. The restaurant and bar were both busy. The staff were friendly and attentive upon arrival. The pub is nicely decorated in an upmarket fashion...much more than your average country pub. It has a nice atmosphere and a great buzz.

The food was very high quality from start to finish (we went for 3 courses) but we were initially let down by the service during drinks orders and starters. It did improve from there but it was a shame.

I would recommend this restaurant and I wouldn’t hesitate to return despite my small negatives above on this occasion.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

We visited on Sunday night and were lucky to have the whole restaurant to ourselves. The menu was very varied with good quality dishes making it hard to choose. The food was excellent as always. Really good value for money and very high quality - definitely not just normal pub grub at all. We've been here several times and we've never been disappointed

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

Visited here for the first time and just wish I did earlier. The service was fantastic and the staff were so attentive. I am a vegetarian and a few extra options were offered by the chef which was so kind. I felt like nothing was too much trouble! The waiter even lit the fire to make sure we stayed warm. The gnocchi was divine and I would highly recommend!

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Stopped here for a quick light lunch today, really nice pub but possibly the worst broth iv ever had, pretty much water and uncooked vegetables, , £5 for a tiny bowl too ,shame as other peoples food looked great, . Service was OK or would have given 1 star, would stop there again for a drink but not for food