Lalaria(Shaka's Rock)
US$167
US$156
Chaka's Rock Chalets(Shaka's Rock)(Great Value!)
US$45
US$41
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$46/night.

Meander Manor(Shaka's Rock)(Great Value!)
US$84
Comfort House B&B(Shaka's Rock)
TripAdvisor
2 on Valley Villa(Shaka's Rock)
Shaka's Seat(Shaka's Rock)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 August 2017

We booked to stay here a few months before to attend a wedding near by, on arrival they didnt seem to know we were coming and stuck us in a disgusting room. Toilet didnt flush, cupboards where falling off, mirrors where covered in mold, old shampoo bottles in the shower, no taps in the bath! DISGUSTING! I see someone has put up photos of the same room we stayed in. I emailed the owner and demanded my money back, he promised a refund which was never recieved....5 emails later and I am still waiting!

Room Tip: NONE!!!!! Do yourself a favour and dont stay here.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

We booked our December stay here after browsing a beautiful website , it was terribly disappointing the facilities don't look anything like the pictures the bathroom facilities are terrible and we're not cleaned once during our stay, there was only hot water once , the communal kitchen is disgusting and on leaving early the staff (very friendly but no proper management to check standards ) asked us for a Christmas bonus , after we were already leaving early without asking a refund. If you are desperate , book a chalet , if you can keep shopping for accommodation please do yourself a favor and keep looking . I highly recommend management updates the website for a more accurate representation of what you can expect , which is not much .

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

The place is a dump, it's dirty and dilapidated.
We decided to brave a shower after a strenuous 9 hour trip from Johannesburg as the bathroom is in a shocking state only to find no hot water as the plumber forgot to switch it back on ,said the staff.
The rooms are basic and neat but dirty if closely inspected.
The beds are uncomfortable as the wood panels were clearly felt through the mattress...
At this point I told the staff to call Charles the owner to give me my money back so we could find a decent place to stay for the night.
The staff quickly came out with a second mattress so we decided to rough it as it was late and our choices were limited at best...
That was our arrival... And the rest of our week stay was looking bleak...and was

The kitchen... A serious fire hazard as there is no instruction on how to operate the gas stoves, luckily I know but obviously the other guests don't as I walked into a gas filled kitchen on more than one occasion as previous guests left it on... (Lack of management)
Apart from other paying and non paying guests helping themselves to your food and drinks in the communal fridges and not cleaning up after themselves for the next person to get on with it. ( again..lack of management)
it's also a dilapidated with rusty cutlery and not enough crockery...

I've stayed at backpackers all over the country and Europe but this is up there with the worst of them.

Im sorry I took my family there.

The owner, Charles, is not involved and isn't hospitable at all.
Not one apology for our terrible arrival, after actually finding out who he is was through other guests, I then realized we probably passed each other 2 or 3 times without even a greeting from his side, I thought it was a disgruntled guest as I was.
He finally put out his hand on the day before I left.. Again not a word about what my experience was or he was glad to have us and hopes we'll be back... Nothing.

We will never stay there again!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Charles S, Owner at Secret Spot International Backpackers and Surf Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Apologies for inconvenience the place had been flooded and we had done our best to try and get the room ready as soon as possible. Including the plumbing.There was a fully equipped kitchen inside the house with new cutlery that was available for guests use.With regards to the bed,as soon as we got the complaint a new mattress was purchased and replaced the existing mattress,The rate was also discounted per night.We are currently completing the repairs from the flood and re-doing all areas and will have it all complete by 25 October.This was delayed due to insurance payout.Once again our sincere apologies.

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

The place himself is realy beautifull and the women that in charge of the maintenance is realy nice. But there are few things that warent enough. First of all we had no hot water on the nearest showers so we had to use the dorms showers instead. They had no wifi for the time we stayed there. As a self catering backpackers i expected the kitchen to be a bit more equipped. And last there wasent an available reception who could us some tourist advices that from my experience this is a big part of a good backpackers.

The good parts where the view, the place was clean and the staff was very nice.

As a bottom line i can reccomend the secret spot but i think they can still make some small improvements.

Thank you.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2016

Took my girlfriend to secret spot so we could hang out on the beach explore the area and do some surfing. I don't expect too much from them because it is a backpackers but I've been to a few and this one is a little more dirty than the others. It was a fun, cute place to crash. They don't over charge and they have some pretty awesome surf boards, staff is also very friendly. My girlfriend was happy and so was I

Stayed: January 2016