“Comfort food of the island!”
Review of Vivine's Kitchen

Vivine's Kitchen
Ranked #5 of 10 Restaurants in East End
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed 12 February 2018

Beautiful view while dining under the canopy in her patio. Basically eating at a private residence with food prepared in her kitchen. I would recommend her fresh juices, loved the Guava juice. Very casual, pleasant hospitality

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Forget this place! This restaurant was highly recommended to us by a local resident saying it specialized in Cayman cuisine. We did not find this to be the case. We arrived about 5:00 pm but most of the menu had been scratched off because they were out of the necessary main ingredients. My husband and I each had the BBQ chicken which came with cole slaw, potato salad, rice with red beans and a spoonful of frozen mixed vegetables. It was all very mediocre. We will not go back and would never recommend this place.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

A kitschy little place on the back patio of the owners house where the nice ocean view is probably the best part. My wife and I had been there before and while by no means fancy the food was good. This time it was different. We both ordered shrimp and fries. The fries were OK but fried shrimp was some of the worst we ever had. They were small , very over cooked and highly breaded. Worse than going to Popeyes or Long John Silvers. The price was O K at $12 CI and service was reasonable but the place is starting to look very tired and worn. There are a number of other “local” restaurants on the island we will try before we return

Reviewed 23 January 2018

If you want to dine on local authentic Caymanian food do not miss out on Vivien's Kitchen. Home cooked meal overlooking the beautiful Caribbean. We hired Mr Ryan with Ryan's Taxi & Tour Service to take us on a tour of the Island away from the usual tourist sites, and this is where we stopped for lunch. The best food I had all week and the cheapest. Don't miss out.

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

I stopped here with family on the way back from a visit to Rum Point. I read about it on TripAdvisor beforehand and knew what to expect. Vivine cooks out of her home and it’s inexpensive compared to other places on Grand Cayman. The seating area is a good size patio with a beautiful view of the ocean. The atmosphere was very relaxing. I got the fish fry and carrot milk and my partner got the goat curry and carrot-ginger beverage. Everything was really great. The curry goat was flavorful and appropriately spicy. The fried fish was also very good along with the rice and beans and the fried plantains. The carrot milk was sweeter than I expected but very good. The carrot-ginger was less sweet and I would go back just for this drink. Parking can be a little difficult. I would definitely come back here again. I really enjoyed the food and the view.

2  Thank Hydrolagus