“Amazing plantains”

Price range: US$25 - US$38
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Canoa is located in Oyster Pond. We decided to go here because we were staying at the Westin in Dawn Beach, right next door. 5 minute cab ride, but we ended up walking back to the hotel after our meal. There are steep hills but it wasn't too strenuous.

We split a stuffed plantain, topped with ground beef and cheese. It was delicious! I definitely recommend ordering this. It's 1 per order, and we definitely wanted another. My friend got the coconut shrimp. In the US, coconut shrimp is fried and covered in coconut flakes. It didn't come out like this, it was sautéed in a coconut sauce and she raved about it! I went with the mint pesto pasta. It was a HUGE portion, but delicious and so satisfying. Everything came out steaming, obviously cooked fresh. The seasonings and herbs they use here really liven the dishes up and it's great. One other aspect I should mention is that with the bread came a green butter-type. I have no idea what was in it, but it was garlic and other herbs and so addicting! This is a beautiful place to eat at night, as it is right on the docks near the boats and looks so serene when lit up!

Reviewed 1 July 2017

My husband and I were here a couple of weeks ago staying at the Oyster Bay Resort. The food was amazing, but the waitress could've been a little nicer. I asked for advice about some of the dishes like I usually do, but she didn't offer much. She hardly smiled and we had to get her attention. The food was good though.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Amazing service, delicious food at a good price and beautiful atmosphere. We just loved it and can't wait to visit it again.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Went back for a return visit after discovering this gem last year. Food is very good at a good price. Atmosphere (eating outside on the dock) is very laid back. Staff was very attentive. A top notch dining experience. Will return again.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

The food is excellent , the service is fantastic. Friendly staff that makes your visit enjoyable.
A must visit.