“Great place ”
Review of Route 66

Route 66
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Authentic Rock music in Heraklion Crete. Coffee, Drinks and Pizza served.
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Very friendly staff, especially Dimitris the bartender. Such a great guy and utterly professional. I totally recommend the place

Reviewed 17 July 2017

This place is practically home to me. And if you're into rock in any shape or form, it will more than likely become a second home to you to.

In my opinion, probably the most genuine bar you will find in this city and one of the cosiest, friendliest and coolest rock bars you will generally find.

Prices are great, music is excellent and the staff is a true example of Cretan hospitality. I've been here with friends as well as on my own and i've been coming to this place for nearly 20 years now. Management has changed over the years but the thing that remains intact is how welcome, safe and entertained you feel in here.

Even if you're not really into rock, an afternoon visit for a coffee or beer will not disappoint you.

Trust me, if you are in Heraklion, this is the city's hidden gem.

1  Thank FeelSorryfor T
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

This was a random stop for my wife and I because they advertised a cider we wanted to try. 2 hours and a number of beers later, we stumbled on our way. Great tunes and decor. I completely forgot I was in Greece.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

I would come back to Crete just for this pub alone.
Wondering down the streets one day we were drawn into this pub, the Blind Guardian poster helped.

Inside was just my kinda place, long rustic bar stacked with all my favourite bourbon, beer and everything alcoholic behind it. Not to mention the epic tunes blasting in the background.

We felt welcome here, so much so we returned the next day for an encore. The local festivities had just drawn to a close so here a massive gathering of friends and family were celebrating the clean up Monday.. we felt like we had intruded and backed away. Instead we were beckoned in and forced home cooked food into our hands. How sincere was that?

We returned many a time throughout our holiday where owner Dimitris greeted us warmly every time and treated us like a princess and king :P even the stray dogs were given shelter from the rain!

I cannot recommend this place enough, and i will sorely miss it. Thank you Dimitris and partner for being perfect hosts.

P.s check out the cool wine bottles with band lables such as Doro, Pink Floyd and Motorhead..And merchandise!

Also they do not advertise this enough but while drinking a few too many beers we were cooked a delicious sobering pizza..

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Dimitris and his staff are most accommodating. We visited Route 66 on numerous occasions and were never disappointed. The bar is full of rock character but subtly so with carefully thought out pictures on display. There is a wide range of drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) which are displayed on some lovely wooden shelving which Dimitris made himself, and the pizza is always delicious. Dimitris has a heart of gold and is such a genuine guy. You are always made to feel very welcome and treated like family. Will definately recommend and will always be back when we are in Crete - keep up the good work guys!!