“Sweet and sour chicken was bland”

Naturally Chinese Restaurant
Reserve a table
Tue, 20/04
20:00
Ranked #13 of 115 Restaurants in Surbiton
Price range: US$33 - US$99
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2021

Me and my partner ordered a takeaway from this place and we got home to eat and my sweet and sour chicken was bland and the chicken had bones in. I called to speak to the owner and she was unhelpful and rude ! Absolute disappointment I and I will be coming back for my refund.

Date of visit: March 2021
Amie, Owner at Naturally Chinese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2021

Hi Poppy,
I have anticipated your review. I'm sorry to hear that you did not like our gluten free, organic, sweet and sour chicken.
I reassured your partner on the day that I will give a full refund if he could bring the food back in the same condition as you received them.

The only reason that we are able to be pass annual gluten free audit for the past eight years, is because we are very strict with our processes and recipes. Therefore, with 100 percent certainty, I can say that it is IMPOSSIBLE that sweet and sour chicken can be bland.

I understand that loss of taste is one of the symptoms of covid. Please consider checking with your doctor.

Write a reviewReviews (447)

Reviewed 1 March 2021 via mobile

Really disappointed with the takeaway. I had sweet and sour chicken which had a mixture of cheap thigh, some breast and plenty of gristle. At £13.75 it was an absolute rip off.

Date of visit: February 2021

Hi
Thanks for your feed back. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't like our organic sweet and sour chicken.

For the benefit of customers' well being, we serve free range organic chickens, and these are only available as whole chickens and we pay FIVE times more for them than normal chickens.

We have to process them ourselves, unfortunately, we are not able to guarantee perfect meat without occasional tendons.
Our business conscience is to avoid wastage and keep prices as reasonable as possible for our customers. To achieve this, we use as much of the meat as we can.

Reviewed 24 January 2021 via mobile

Have been meaning to try this restaurant for a while and we were not disappointed! Everything we ordered tasted great and fresh and not at all greasy (got a spicy prawn dish, chicken noodles, rice and prawn toast which was so tasty)! Will definitely be returning.

Date of visit: January 2021

Thank you very much for your time in writing this heart warming review and for trying us out.

Reviewed 2 January 2021

Love this place , myself and kids have coeliac disease however we came here before diagnosis too. It’s just a result that they cater gluten free and are celiac accredited . Such tasty food and really good service when eating in. Can’t wait for you to re open so we can dine in with you again ! Thoroughly recommend

Date of visit: December 2020

Thank you for your five star review! We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 1 January 2021 via mobile

This restaurant is my absolute go to! We live in Cobham however we travel here even just for a takeaway as I’m Coeliac and the food is so delicious!! My husband and kids are not coeliac but it’s still their favourite Chinese even though we have a popular one down the road in esher (no names mentioned) .
The service when we do eat in at naturally Chinese is second to none and for me their wealth of knowledge about coeliac disease is very reassuring- hence why they are coeliac accredited!
I thoroughly recommend this place - coeliac or not - their food is much healthier then others and doesn’t leave you feeling absolutely stuffed and craving copious amounts of water from all the salt that other places use .
Thank you naturally Chinese !! :)))

Date of visit: January 2021

Thank you for your recommendation. It cheers the team up to hear of customer appreciations and how much you have enjoyed the food.