Pontin's Camber Sands Centre
US$133
Toprooms.com
The Lodge at Winchelsea(Winchelsea)(Great Value!)
US$117
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Toprooms.com
3,611 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went away for a few nights over Easter for my father’s birthday. The accommodation is basic. Heating was reasonably efficient, and the kitchen functional, but bars in the fridge door would have increased capacity. On our first day it had been raining and many of the paths were flooded. The drainage is inadequate. Irritating things, such as the bedroom curtains being a couple of inches too short and letting in the light from the walkways outside made sleeping difficult. The beds were not too comfortable, but had worse. Remembering to bring small home comforts would have made a difference like slippers as the floor was freezing, a bath mat as the bathroom floor got very wet when you opened the door after a shower. No extractor over the cooker, so we tried to open the kitchen window which was very very stiff and needed much effort to open and close. The apartment was very clean but there was mould in the silicone which was unavoidable and unclean-able. The weather was cold and wet and did the place no favours. It is what it is, would be great when sunny.

We visited Rye and Walmer Castle, which were both worth going to. The weather was not great, so we called it a day on Sunday morning a day early.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
GuestSolutions, Guest Relations Manager at Pontin's Camber Sands Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Camber Sands park. I do hope that despite the concerns that you mention with your apartment you were able to have an overall pleasant stay with us. I will ensure that the management team at Camber receive a copy of your review in order for them to look into the issues you mention. I hope your experience does not deter you from booking with Pontins again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We came to pontins 4 years ago, it was very basic and if I’m honest it needed some revamping.

We’ve returned and we can say we’ve enjoyed our stay as have the children. Travelling with a 9, 8 and 3 year old takes some entertainment. We booked the club room and they are a lot nicer and slightly bigger for us all. Very clean and tidy. Entertainment is what you’d expect it kept our children entertained.
My one and only criticism is the food!! I personally think it’s absolutely disgusting. Like school dinners if not worse. At a very low standard. Fortunately we’d book self catering and ate in the restaurant once and we all did not enjoy it. We ate out most of the weekend can highly recommend Khanz Indian take away literally 3 min walk away or chip shops.
Some of our neighbours weren’t pleasant up smoking weed, drinking, loud music till 3/4am but that is no fault of pontins.

2  Thank ArnoldBA20

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As a company we are always delighted to hear that our guests have enjoyed their holidays and have returned home with good memories. I will however ensure that the team at Camber Sands are made aware of the concerns you had with the food and with our other guests. On behalf of Camber Sands I look forward to welcoming you back to Pontins in the future. For the best available deals please call our sales centre on 0871 474 0009.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Having read the reviews, I was nervous about going here this weekend. Perhaps this helped! Having zero expectations meant that we weren't completely disappointed with our weekend. When I was asked by a colleague about how this weekend went, my response was 'ok'.

We booked under the groupon voucher, £70 for 2 adults and 1 child for 3 nights. We only stayed two as we had to go back to work! There were a total of 4 families in our party each with our own room/apartment.

The rooms are basic, but they were clean. You can see they have tried to 'do it up' with new flooring and the bathroom looked reasonably new, the shower was actually quite good! The kitchen was fine, we didn't actually cook anything, we went out for food.

The beds were twin, which for myself and my other half was a bit annoying, but pushed together we didn't end up on the floor so that was a plus! The mattresses were newish, but has a plastic like covering, probably for obvious reasons, but they were rusley when you turned over. They aren't hugely comfortable, but they were 'ok'.

The food availability wasn't great and the 'queen vic' pub didn't ever seem to be open. We went over to The Dunes restaurant on the first night which was lovely and we had fish and chips on Saturday night, so no real loss there.

It was nice to have a room overlooking the green and the park, the kids all met up and add a run around and played football it was really nice.

The evening entertainment was typical, but the kids all loved it and couldn't have cared less about any of the things that we picked up on as adults. Which was kind of the point of going, it was for the kids.

The whole place does look very tired, it really could do with knocking down and starting again. But you can see they are trying to spend money on it, but it looks like its a slow process.

The main centre is really quite tired, it needs re decorating, new toilets...although I will say, there were so many, which I found very refreshing, I didn't have to queue once.

The glass in the room/apartment is all single pane, so it can be quite cold. The electric situation is odd I think. We only used £5 for 2 days, but we didn't use the cooker and we didn't watch telly, so I expect you could use a lot more, but we didn't pay to go to Pontins to sit in and watch telly!

The staff are pretty rude most of the time, especially the bar staff, certainly the older lady needs to go to some kind of laughter class, but we rarely got a smile from anyone. The arcade people were very nice though, as was the lady on the entrance gate and one of the receptionists.

The Haribo machine doesn't work, so don't waste your money, funnily enough the sticky sweets get stuck!

For us this was a cheap weekend away with the kids, we went to the beach, we wandered, we went to Rye, we had a nice weekend. The kids had a blast. I think if you go with no expectations, with the view that you're going for the kids, you will have a fine weekend away at the beach.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank beccytaylor02

Thank you for posting an overall positive review. It is always good to hear that our guests have enjoyed their time with us and have returned home happy. I will however make the team at Camber aware of the concerns you mention in you review. I look forward to welcoming you back to Pontins in the future. For our best available holiday prices please call our call centre on 0871 474 0009.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So me and my friend have just come home a day early with our two young children under 2 from what we expected would be a nice, fun weekend away! Well it was far from that. As soon as we arrived, we was given the key to our apartment which we went to find we had been given an upstairs room considering we had told them we had two children under 2 with buggies. We went to go and ask to be moved downstairs to then be told we have to pay an extra £10 to be moved!! A member of staff had already told us that the holiday park was expecting 600 guests this weekend (they normally expect 2500) so they could have moved us with no issue anyway! We went to our new room to find that it was absolutely rotten. My friend had luckily bought cleaning products with us and spent our first 20 minutes bleaching the apartment as it was so dirty. There were brown marks all over the sofa bed, hairs and thick dirt in the bath, the floor was filthy and there was a pile of swept up dirty with a broom in a corner that had just been left. We then realised we had to buy electric which is something we would expect to be told that we needed by a member of staff on arrival! Well, we used £20 electric in less than 2 days. When we went to complain the lady at reception said there is nothing they can do but get someone to look at it. So we had a engineer come out and they put £10 on for us which they said would last us the whole weekend and it lasted less than a day! it was freezing cold, we had a leak in the bathroom roof which an engineer also said they sorted out but after 5 minutes of them leaving it carried on leaking so we couldn’t use the bathroom. The children’s soft play area was freezing cold and none of the managers could fix the heating so our children couldn’t go in there for long because it was so cold! The swimming pool heater was also broken so we couldn’t go swimming. There was no proper entertainment on during the day for children. There was no public lifts to go upstairs with our buggies and the main entertainment was upstairs which was ridiculous! The food shops were shutting early or opening up when they felt like it because there wasn’t enough guests to keep it open which left us with no option but to drive out the area to find some food to eat! The staff even advised us not to eat in the parks restaurants which really put us off! The bar downstairs was shut all weekend because they said there wasn’t enough guests to also open it up, so we was left thirsty as we couldn’t go upstairs to get drinks with our children in buggies and come back down with them and a load of drinks! The engineers even said to us that the whole park should be knocked down and started again as it’s just awful!! Never ever going there again. We couldn’t wait to get back home from what was a disaster weekend so we left a day early!

6  Thank amyelizabethb22

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. If I could please ask the lead name to contact our Guest Solutions Team within 28 days of departure at (guestsolutions@pontins.com) with your concerns in order for them to fully investigate and appropriately action the above issues you have raised. Please also include your reservation details as this will help with the investigation process. Once investigated our team will contact you directly with a formal response. For full details please click on the link https://www.pontins.com/contact-us/ . I am concerned to learn that you experienced issues with your apartment and with the park facilities. Guest feedback is very important to us at Pontins and I can assure you we will use your feedback to improve the service we offer our guests.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my family have just returned a day early from a long weekend at camber sands, as soon as we arrived the whole place looked dated and old. We checked into our room and it was absolute freezing, it was actually warmer outside! The heaters in the room were a joke and had to be left on all night to keep warm. £5 electric card ran out at 4am in the morning! And We had no hot water- had to wait till the next day for maintance to re set boiler!! I used a plastic dust sheet to put over my kids mattress (I checked the reviews before we went, so kind of knew what we was getting!) the rooms were dirty and dingy with horrible dated curtains, condensation on the windows and under the beds. The floor was filthy- socks were black! I cleaned everything as it was certainly not clean! Tv was about 20years old with 4 channels. And bathroom had a bath and taps- no shower, how are people washing their hair?! We actually went into rye and went swimming in a Lesuire Center and had a proper shower there! Everything on site was shut so nothing to do on the site apart from the dated play areas and the arcade. On Saturday we spent the day in Hastings, went on the cliff train, had fish and chips and a run around at the beach. Sunday we left pontins at 9.30am and went into ashford, kids had a good time at imagine- indoor play area and then went to the designer outlet- lots of shops!! Not much else to do in the area in my opinion and apart from nisa there is no shops for miles!
Please do not book this if u want a comfortable and enjoyable holiday!! We will not be going back!

4  Thank emsdevoma

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at our Camber Sands Holiday Park. I regret to hear that you had some issues with your apartment and with the park facilities, this is not something in which we would expect our guests to experience. Please can I ask the lead name to contact our Guest Solutions Team within 28 days of departure at guestsolutions@pontins.com for them to look into your concerns in more detail and get back to you with a formal response. Can I also please ask that you include your booking details as this will help the investigation. For full details please click on the link https://www.pontins.com/contact-us/