All reviews the main square wifi bite tour town train insects museum hacienda
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I like a room that is more than a bed and a shower. This is it. Cozy and representative of the Mexican culture. The room is clean, nicely decorated, and it has the right size. The hotel is well located on the main square.

Service at the restaurant has always been excellent, although I agree that the waiters seem unmotivated and tired.
Breakfast, delicious!!!! Lunch has been ok, but the margaritas are yummy! :-)

They close very early, and I think it would be great if they had the bar open for those who don't want to venture out at night. Some music would make it also a great place -instead of the TV!

I will stay here again, but I hope next time I have hot water and working WiFi.
They owner/manager seemed ok with these complaints. Different culture, I guess....

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Our group of 10 adults traveled by vehicles from USA to El Fuerte. We decided on Hotel la Choza because of secured parking area for vehicles since we were to leave on El Chepe Train to Creel - Copper Canyon. Enjoyed our stay for 3 nights prior to train trip. Hotel was quite accommodating and staff was very pleasant. We ate both breakfast and dinner and meals were quite good. Wi-Fi available. El Fuerte was historic town with quite a history. We will return to La Choza Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Rooms are clean and comfortable albeit lighting dim. Great location. We were there at a non busy time so perhaps not usual staff on, but we were not impressed with the restaurant food at night although breakfast was 'solid'. Staff seemed disinterested and unhappy.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank ChristineSMA
Reviewed 11 February 2011

Mid range hotel. Large bright rooms with good beds. Very clean with good shower. Tv in room. Small pool and attractive courtyard. Good restaurant and good location on edge of square.

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank TheAdventurer1234
Reviewed 18 July 2010

My wife and I traveled by car throughout Mexico. On our way home from Puerto Vallarta, we decided to do the Copper Canyon train ride. My wife had been once before and said it was worth doing twice. Instead of leaving from Los Mochis, the terminal of the train line, we decided to leave from El Fuerte ( the first stop east of Los Mochis.) The usual reviews of hotels was available, but we drove into El Fuerte and went to the town plaza. Across the street we discovered La Choza Hotel. Just what we were looking for. A central courtyard to park our loaded car while we took the train ride. Rooms were large, comfortable and clean. I thought the price of 550 pesos was well worth it. They let us leave the car in the courtyard at no charge. They arranged for a taxi in the morning to take us the 5 Km to the train station. (100 pesos) There is an attached restaurant where we had breakfast and they prepared two sandwiches for us to take on the train.

Upon our return two days later, we stayed the night again and retrieved our car which was as we left it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple