“Group Meal”
Review of Cafe Scrumptious

Cafe Scrumptious
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Mary Tavy
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Being a large group of 13 its not always easy for places to cater for that number on a busy Sunday lunchtime, but Cafe Scrumptious did not disappoint. There's a pleasant homely feel about the place and the staff really make you feel welcome. Meals are an excellent value for money. If heading towards Mary Tavy why not pop in and give them a try.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I would definitely recommend the Sunday lunch .. tasty , plentiful and very fresh and excellent value for money . The staff were lovely too and as a family we will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

What a brilliant find - my father-in-law was recommended Cafe Scrumptious by a friend so we came in to give it a try and we’re so impressed with what we found.

The interior of the cafe betrays it’s historic pub exterior - the cafe itself is bright, modern, clean and very spacious - the perfect surrounding for a meal.

My children had tea cakes but my father-in-law and I had the Super Scrumptious breakfast and it was a LOT of food for the money. Not only was it plentiful but it was cooked to perfection and, get this, served on a massive plate. So many cafes make the mistake of serving large quantities of food on smaller plates which makes it very difficult to slice through harder-to-cut items like bacon.

Top marks from us and my FiL is VERY hard to please! Give it a try and spread the word - it’s still a fairly new business so it deserves to thrive.

1  Thank Paul_Alaoui
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for coffee and scones. Good find. Good pricing and lovely staff.
Free parking too!
Would recommend

1  Thank Reno2012
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

We had passed this place many times thinking it a bit strange that a former pub had become a cafe. However it has taken only one visit to appreciate what a good cafe it is. We arrived not long before closing time and were made really welcome. The menu contains a tempting selection of both light snacks and more substantial meals along with a wide variety of coffees and other refreshments.
My cheese ploughman’s was as good as I have ever had; beautifully presented and with four excellent cheeses, coleslaw, lovely fresh salad, crusty bread and chutney, it was delicious and an ample meal. My wife’s beef sandwich was equally nicely done and she was very complimentary about the coffee.
Overall a lovely surprise and the place has a lovely inviting feel as you enter - the decor is a mix of modern and traditional with a log fire.

I can comfortably recommend it and will certainly be back.

1  Thank Samuel B

Been to Cafe Scrumptious? Share your experiences!