“Great food great service”

Agave Mexican Cantina
Ranked #32 of 656 Restaurants in Taguig City
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Southwestern, Philippine, Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Agave Mexican Cantina, we take pride in serving authentic and creative Mexican dishes. From the classics like burritos and fajitas to party platters great for sharing to our famous bottomless margaritas, Agave satisfies your cravings!
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

I had a Chimichanga and bottomless margarita. The food was served hot and was very tasty. Ann Lauta was my server and she was timely and friendly. Very enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

I am from Costa Rica but I am living in The Philippines. Since my boyfriend, who is American, found this place I became super happy since it's very difficult to find Latino food. Every time we can we come back to try the CHICKEN QUESADILLAS , BEEF TAQUITOS, SOPA DE TORTILLA, NACHOS, BURRITOS, TACOS... lol we have already tried almost everything! it is a very nice place and the personnel it's very nice , friendly and always look for satisfying us. Ann is a great member of the staff. I am very happy to try the house margaritas every time I come. As a latina , I tell you that finding places like this in Philippines is hard. We are not in America , this is Asia and the food is good. I can say thank you for having this place for people like us.
Gracias! y Provecho!

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Inauthentic, bland "Mexican" food could maybe be forgiven, but the poor service could not.
I am not one to give negative reviews, but this poorly run restaurant needs to be overhauled.
On a busy Sat night, we were seated in the back by the kitchen on a small 4-top, while a large 6-top next to us was being occupied by two staff members doing "work" on computers while telling stories and bantering right in the dining room!
The cheesily-costumed waitresses in western theme and mismatched boots (one wearing silver space boots instead of cowgirl boots) were so difficult to flag down.
Our drinks came 20 minutes after ordering them, minus a beer, which we had to request from three different servers before the hostess brought it herself.
My daughter and I ordered the exact same dish, but hers came 15 minutes later than mine, so we shared the first dish (a bland burrito) and just packaged the second to take home.
And everyone knows that a really good Mexican restaurant better have good guacamole, not the watery, thinned out tasteless slop that was served here.
Sorely disappointed.
To be fair, It seems it would be a place to go with friends if you want to get a bunch of nachos and margaritas on the cheap.
If you've been to Mexico multiple times, or eaten in authentic cantinas in California or Texas, then this place is not for you!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

i heard reviewers complaining about the slow service. it ddnt happen to me but i did see alot of the staff just standing there hehehe. as for the food, its a bit of a letdown, not sure what kind of soft taco shells they used, it was a bit thick for a taco. the chips with the guacamole (u have to pay for it) was good. and the drink with the cinnamon flavor was nice. not sure if im coming back but the ambiance was great and everyone seem to enjoy the drinking more than the eating hehe

Reviewed 3 July 2017

We had a decidedly below par experience last night. Ordered the "bottomless" Coke to accompany my meal, only to be brought a can. After questioning the server, he said they were "out" of bottomless Coke???! There was one server that appeared to be working hard while the other five stood together, chatting. Also, we needed additional flour tortillas for the fajitas -- a server (not the hard-working one) said they would be out in "two minutes". After timing twenty minutes, I gave up counting! This was Sunday night, July 2, and the number of occupied tables (four) in the entire restaurant was less than available servers!! Something is definitely wrong here, either in training employees or employee effort and dedication to customer service. So unless your time isn't valuable to you, I would DEFINITELY go elsewhere, where your food and overall meal experience will be better.