“Typical Marriott (for good and for bad)”

Marriott's Marbella Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Elviria
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Lovely place - typical Marriott in that it is nicely maintained, well staffed, lovely amenities (and "sanitized for your protection."). You could be anywhere - nothing cultural about it. Lots of activities - great place to bring kids. OK beach area, but well located near a lot of things to see and do. Great place to chill out

4  Thank nbrnj

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Checked in for a six day stay and had a very relaxing time. Reception was very friendly and efficient, the Chill Bar had attentive staff (though a trifle slow sometimes), and every employee we met was delightful.

It was pleasing to see the attention to detail in renovations - the effect being that everything looks new and nothing tired.

My only plea would be to offer a late check out facility - I'd pay for it. I didn't need it this time but just seen by July flight times and there's ten hours between check out and flight departure. Not a complaint just a suggestion.

Room Tip: Higher floors means you don't get passing traffic on your level!
Reviewed 16 February 2012

This was our 3rd visit to the resort in the past 2 years. With a now 3 year old daughter it's considered a very 'safe' bet to ensure there are no disaster's 'lurking' around the corner. I should also mention that all visits have been 'off season' so comments are related to that time of year.
Positives for us include a very spacious 3 bed apartment with all that you'd need for a comfortable stay. The tumble dryer didn't work during our last visit (our only complaint re the apartment itself for all 3 stays) but the maintainence man was over very quickly and very politely fixed the problem).
Spacious, well tended grounds.
Great indoors pools, one adult, one family. Heated jacuzzi outside the family pool.
Decent shop where all essentials can be bought at about 20% above supermarket price (incidentally there is a Supercor chain less than 5 minutes drive from the resort that has a greater food range at the 20% reduction. It's probably the equivalent size of a Tesco express in the UK)
Gym is very well equipped. Good internet access. Good book swapping 'library'.
Finally special mention has to go to Belen at PEPE's kids club as our daughter went there for the first time last week and had a wonderful time there twice (thanks to Belen's attention) while mum and dad had some much deserved 'lounging in the sun' time.
Cons:
Reception staff were polite until you had a request they couldn't fulfill. Upon check in we asked for a room with afternoon sun on the balcony. Despite clearly not being fully utilised the receptionist said none were available and was pretty dismissive. I suspect they wanted to block visitors together to simplify their cleaning duties (i'd guess resort was max 20% full) but no explanation was forthcoming. Similarly a request for a greeting pack that we received on our last stay was met with a curt 'that's the job of the sales team, come back on Monday'. Not what you expect from this level of resort. To be fair all other interaction with reception staff was perfectly polite and perfectly professional on their part.
Car hire is needed. We would anyway but the resort is isolated so unless you plan to basically not leave the resort (bar the beach) for the duration of your stay it is required.
Car parking underground is very very tight. Beware if you're a nervous driver/parker!
Bonus point = restaurant called the Christina Meredino (100 yards left of the resort on the beach) does some of the best fresh fish we've ever tasted. Personally had the salted sea bass and the lemon sole and both delicious. Approx 20 euros per dish.
All in all would highly recommend this resort for families (although any off site kids entertainment requires a car journey) looking for a relaxing winter break. Would not suit singles/younger couples looking for an 'action packed' resort.

Room Tip: Central 'villas' are the best.
4  Thank Superdu
Reviewed 11 February 2012

2 weeks before I was scheduled to arrive at the Marriott Marbella, the management sent me an e-mail informing me of some work being done to the resort. I had some concerns which I wrote in my response. I even considered changing my reservation to the nearby Marriott Playa Andaluza. The management promptly addressed all my concerns to my satisfaction so I decided to keep my reservation. I am so glad I did.

Location: The Marriott Marbella is centrally located in Andalucia. It was a 45 minute drive from Malaga Airport, 45 minute drive to Malaga, 1 hour to Gibraltar, 1 hour to Ronda, 2.5 hours to Seville, 2 hours to Granada, 2.25 hours to Cordoba. The resort is also close to shopping centers, and grocery stores.

Resort: 2 outdoor swimming pools, 2 indoor swimming pools, fitness center, marketplace, teen room, internet stations, private access to the beach, convenient underground parking garage, on-site restaurants, The whole resort exuded luxury. It is definitely built with families with children in mind.

Villa: We got a spacious 3 bedroom. Beautiful, clean, comfortable, with a fully equipped kitchen, All 3 bedrooms were master bedrooms. One had a Jacuzzi, one had a huge shower that can fit 4 people, and one had a handicapped accessible shower. It also had a sofa bed, an LCD flat screen TV in the living room and all 3 bedrooms. It has a laundry room and patio.

Service: Impeccable. Perfect. The best of all timeshares I have ever been to. Ask and you shall receive. I asked for a wheelchair for my mother, it was waiting for us upon checking in. All the concerns I had about the renovation? I didn't even notice work being done. I needed flour but didn't want to buy a whole package...it was delivered within 15 minutes. Directions printed out? Just ask the concierge. Airline boarding cards need to be printed? They got a computer/printer just for this purpose. Finally, as we were leaving the resort, the guy at the gate gave us juice to take with us to the airport! Service like this is just hard to come by. The staff of this Marriott's went above and beyond to exceed my expectations. Thanks to everyone!

In conclusion, if you're looking for the perfect place in Costa Del Sol....your search should end here.

Room Tip: Third floor with a water view. Unfortunately, the handicapped accessible villa was on the ground flo...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank jaredxtian
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We stayed at the resort from the 2nd to 5th of February. This was a fantastic getaway. The satff were very pleasant, the kids club kept the kids entertained for 3.5hrs each day. What can i say about the accomodation out of this world... Our 2 bed apartment had a sea view which was magnificient. I will defintely be going back . This is the off peak time and the resort was not too busy. Really enjoyed having 2 hrs in the family pool on our own not sure this would happen in the peak time ,

Room Tip: Room on block number 30 are closer to the family swimming pool area makes it easier if you have litt...
1  Thank Journeyplanner2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elviria
12.0 km away
Melia Marbella Banus
#16 of 70 in Marbella
1.3 km away
Hotel Vincci Seleccion Estrella del Mar

Been to Marriott's Marbella Beach Resort? Share your experiences!