The Pavana Chiang Mai Resort
Jirung Health Village(Mae Rim)(Great Value!)
US$30
US$82
US$65
US$50
  • Breakfast included
Country Retreat(Mae Rim)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$26
US$93
US$76
Priceline
Proud Phu Fah Resort(Mae Rim)
US$78
US$71
US$59
US$49
US$1,103
US$432
Trip.com
US$903
All reviewsraw fooddetox programyoga retreatorganic farmboot campthai massageteacher trainingchiang maisemi outdoorsself containedopen airspa facilitiesvegetarian dishesevery requestpeaceful atmosphererestaurant staffnatural environment
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

I had been searching around for a health resorts to provide relaxing excursion for my spa members for quite a while until I found Pavana last December. Since then I had been to Pavana with two small groups of members, each time 6 to 8 of us, with me being the group leader.

Thanks to the professional support of Pavana's Retreat Manager Khun Tulip, all of my guests enjoyed their stay with full satisfaction and all claimed they would return in near future for more good time to pamper themselves.

Pavana is not a luxurious Resorts, I must say, but it is totally sufficient n adequate, and is more than fair in its total offering for its price. I considered it a very good value for money choice as compared to a lot of spa & detox resorts in Chiangmai, Thailand or even in Bali, which I had also researched on.

We indulged ourselves daily with early morning meditation and yoga class in Pavana's signature yoga Sala up hill, overlooking picturesque scenery of the green valley in morning mist. Following a morning stretch out with a Thai steam hot bath n professional Thai massage in open air Sala, with birds singing as natural background music. Everyday we enjoyed sumptuous vegetarian dishes n organic raw food, all freshly picked from the hotel's own organic farm. We tried a one day detox program as a sampler. Together with a pre-cleansing vegetarian diet, this one day short program worked like miracle to all of us. It was quite amazing to see how much our body could be toned by just adjusting our diet. Of course, I believe the fresh ionized mountain air, the early morning yoga and the tranquil atmosphere all had added credit to it too.

All in all, it was very pleasant experience for myself n my spa member guests. We enjoyed the genuine kindness and hospitality extended by all Pavana staffs during our stays. Though they may not be able to speak our language well n there were some communication problems, but isn't exploring foreign culture n trying to make sense of ourselves with people speaking different language part of the fun in traveling after all? The staffs' genuine smiles were what I liked most. They made us felt we were special and welcomed in a hotel they all loved so much themselves. I heard the staffs are all from the neighborhood community, no wonder they extended a different kind of genuine hospitality one normally can't find in starred luxurious hotel chain.

I would definitely come back for more good time. Thank you once again to all the Pavana staffs in making this place such a nice destination, allowing us to bring home a renewed self.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2017

These people were rogues, they took advantage of the fact that many tourists were out of their comfort zone. This resort is an hour out of Chang Mai, so you are effectively at their mercy. They told me ahead of time what the room cost was, but not all additional costs. The staff had a very poor command of the English language and if you had a question - they were not help. They were out of their depth. The only thing they knew how to do was extract money from you. The massages were below par and there was no level of expertise. It was a nightmare.

Stayed: July 2016
2  Thank Sue L
Reviewed 20 May 2017

I was picked up promptly by the transfer service in a nice air-conditioned vehicle. I arrived to a pleasant front desk experience and then was transported to a villa.

Unfortunately this resort was sold to me as an outstanding luxury accommodation, rated one of the top 10 health resort destinations by Asia Spa magazine. You can see that this property was lovely once but sadly has been let go when it changed owners.

The pool areas were very dirty for most of my stay. Despite the 35-37C temperatures, I avoided using the pools except for my fitness classes.

I had a specialised menu in the restaurant created by the fitness camp. I was usually the only person in the restaurant. The service and food quality was good.

Massage and sauna/steam service was included in my package. The massage was in an open air space subject to mosquitos. The sauna rooms were nice but the steam room smelt of mould. The service was attentive and friendly. The rack rates were 3-4x that in old town Chiang Mai.

On the resort there are a mix of hotel rooms, rental villas and homes with permanent residents so it felt more like a rustic village then a 'luxury resort'. Dogs barked constantly and cats roam freely. There seemed to be rubbish and excrement everywhere.

Overall the whole place is run down, shabby and understaffed.

Room Tip: Villas are away from the pool and mostly owned/rental properties.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

I have been to Pavana for a yoga retreat twice last year. Great service and a self contained place. They grow their organic fruits and vegetables... the food is great. The two times I went, I didn't even want to go to town. The staff are very friendly and they remembered my name on my 2nd visit. The yoga sala aka pavilion has the view of the valley.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

This is my third stay at the Pavana in Chiangmai and I still love it!

The tranquility of the resort is ideal for relaxing and finding yourself. Having done the 3 and a half day detox twice before, I decided to go for the 7 and a half day one this time. This includes meditation and yoga, massages, sauna and steam room access and a range of other things that you may be interested in.

A particular favourite instructor for Pilates and Yoga is Kru Nok and you are able to arrange 1:1 sessions with her for an additional cost.

As a retreat it is ideal and the staff are incredibly polite. There is a community feel there and I would certainly recommend to anyone that is looking for a relaxing retreat.

The change in management has meant that I found booking it was not as seamless as previous bookings. In addition, an excursion we booked was not well planned. Both issues were rectified by Tulip and other managers through refunds or complimentary services. Thank you to them for listening and sorting so swiftly.

A firm favourite and definitely somewhere I will return to again!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family