US$48
US$43
US$106
US$88
Agoda.com
Suansawan Resort Chiang Mai(Mae Rim)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$71
US$47
  • Breakfast included
US$58
US$49
Hotels.com
Smile Resort Chiangmai(Mae Rim)(Great Value!)
US$30
US$26
Agoda.com
Baan88 Chiangmai(Mae Rim)(Great Value!)
US$37
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$123
Hotels.com
1,254 results
All reviewsricechiang maicooking schoolpool villathai restaurantfour seasons resortwater buffalochef's tablepaddy fieldsprivate dinnertented campour honeymooncooking classgolden triangleservice was impeccablenight marketkids club
Reviewed 3 September 2007

We spent 3 wonderful nights in our gorgeous bungalow, with its huge, huge covered balcony (it's so big that it can fit a dining table for four and a sofa with room to spare).

The staff is outstanding. You cannot compare traveling in Asia to traveling in America. They just know how to do it in Asia!

The pool is so tranquil. It has an infinity edge overlooking a working rice field, complete with ox!

We had very nice treatments at their outstanding spa.

We had a private escort everywhere we went. Booked an elephant trek & river ride. Also went to the night market. Our escort even took us to a local restaurant, which was out of this world.

I miss this place a lot!

• Stayed: September 2004, travelled with friends
3  Thank MauiWorldTravelers
Reviewed 24 July 2007

My husband and I got married at this resort on June 1. We had a pavillion facing the rice patty fields and the mountains. (Room 1404) There is not a single bad thing I can say about the stay. I may have been on a euphoric cloud since it was my wedding/ honeymoon but I found Chiang Mai and the Four Seasons one of my favorite places I've visted thus far. The staff was genuinely hospitable, the food - fantastic! Our room was close to the main restaurant where they served a breakfast buffet of asian and american selections. The spa is one of the best I've experienced and they send a cart to pick you up and return you to the room. The hotel even has two resident water buffalos that greet the guests twice during the day!

We did the side trip to the elephant camp and enjoyed an elephant ride through the jungles and a rafting expedition with a picnic. We did the tours of the temples with a personal tour guide and she not only showed us all the well known temples, but she also showed us some quieter local temples while explaining Thai culture, it's various local tribes and Buddhism to us. It gave a lot of insignt into the influence of the religion onto Thai's daily lifestyle. It's great to be in a place where the wealth of the nation is in it's people and environment.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tornadobx
Reviewed 27 June 2007

My husband and I wound up a 2-week trip to Thailand with 4 nights at the Four Seasons Chiang Mai in early February. We stayed in a mountain view room because that was the least expensive room category available, but there was no mountain view at all, only trees, so I don't recommend spending the extra money if you don't have to. (The mountain view rooms are on the second story, if you strongly prefer that, versus the ground floor garden view rooms). Other than this, however, we absolutely loved our stay!

The room was beautiful; we loved the large sala (outdoor living room) and the large soaking tub. The only more spacious standard-category room we've had at a Four Seasons was at Jimbaran Bay in Bali...now that was amazing!! But back to Chiang Mai: the grounds may be completely 'fake' but they are fantastic. The rice paddies, the gardens, the flowers, the statues and artwork, the water buffalo, the mountains, the sunsets - it's all so very lovely. It was like four days in an eden.

We booked the Chiang Mai Adventure package, which included two Thai massages at the spa. They were wonderful and the spa was as beautiful as the rest of the resort. They definitely pamper you there, and at the gym, and at the pool and jacuzzi, etc, etc. The other activities included in our package were:

- A day at the Chiang Do elephant camp, including river rafting and elephant riding and a picnic lunch. Our guide, Duke, was great and got us through ahead of the crowd. Everything we read and saw seemed to indicate that the elephants at this camp are well taken care of.

- Golf at the Royal Chiang Mai course. It was attractive but nothing too special. We are poor but enthiastic golfers and our caddies were very good sports.

- A Chiang Mai tour. We requested Duke again and he balanced the day between temples and shopping. His knowledge made our temple visits much more interesting and meaningful than they would have been if we'd gone on our own.

Our package also included the breakfast buffet, which was delicious. Warning - it was cold in the morning, so bring some warm clothes, at least in the winter months. They bring out heaters, but nonethless we saw a number of uncomfortably chilly people at breakfast!

We ate at the hotel restaurants and through in-room dining several times and the food was consistently good. By resort hotel standards, we didn't think it was too outrageously overpriced, but it's certainly not an inexpensive option.

We also used a combination of the free shuttle van and taxis to go into Chiang Mai a couple of evenings. As mentioned by several previous posters, the Four Seasons is at least 30 minutes away from any of the tourist sites in Chiang Mai. (But it is relatively closer to the elephant camps and golf courses than a city hotel would be). The night market is interesting for a couple of hours, but it's pretty much the same cheap stuff in stall after stall.

Although the hotel was almost completely booked up while we were there, it never seemed crowded. It was very peaceful and the staff were attentive and helpful. We had a wonderful stay and would love to return.

• Stayed: February 2007
6  Thank frangipani7
Reviewed 16 June 2007

I booked this hotel as I enjoy the 4 seasons and the reputation preceded this place.We were not disappointed. The entry is beautiful with a Ganisha shrine and the open air vaulted lobby had view of the mini valley planted with terraced rice paddies and pond..There is also a mini waterfall and loads of tropical flowers..It is quiet and private and service is exceptional.It was so hot dirty and crowded in Chaing Mai that we were disappointed somewhat with the city but it was heaven coming "home" to our sanctuary here from the free shuttle.It was surprisingly cooler in the shade of this garden.There were a lot of Brits here that live in Singapore.There are actually 3 pools here,,The large one front and center is in the sun and great for kids. Below it is an adult pool but my favorite was the shade pool on the other rim of the property opposite the reception..I saw someone had food sent there and they had the place to themselves.....We have been to the FS on the big island of Hawaii and it reminded me of it.They have a nice business center and gym with bikes that were available (free) and we biked down to the orchid farm, some shops and a beekeepers store where we bought the most delicious locally grown brown rice.There are so many massage places in Thailand so we didn't feel like dumping a ton of money on spa services..But hey.. if you got it and don't care go ahead as this spa is known the world over!! We also did not eat at the hotel as we wanted to try some restaurants around the area. Some people that ate there said it was expensive and OK.we like the water buffalo that came by every day..One piece of advice...Do go see the Doi Suthep Wat on the mountain. It is beautidul. Do not go trekking as some do not care for elephants well and they don't get enough food working all day.Do go to the the elephant nature park if you want to experience feeding and bathing with the elephants...I promise you it is much better than just riding,cooler and very educational for kids.They will pick you up and provide a delicious authentic Thai buffet lunch,Don't worry about the river, it is clear and shallow and eventhough I have a weak stomach I never had a problem There are lot of American and Brits working as vounteers here so no ripoffs or language problems.If I ever go back to Thailand I will go here again

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
6  Thank tickettoride
Reviewed 8 June 2007

Amazing. One of the most gorgeous places I have ever stayed. My husband and I loved everything about this hotel: the room, the property, the service, the pool, the food--it was all quite perfect. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple