“Excellent authentic Indian food in a quiet Mae Rim plaza”
Review of Tiffin Talks

Tiffin Talks
Ranked #16 of 58 Restaurants in Mae Rim
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Cuisines: Indian, Thai, Cafe, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Private Dining
Description: Redifing home cooked food with fresh local products at a very reasonable price
Reviewed 15 May 2016

I have lived north of Mae Rim for ages and never found many good restaurants there. But a friend told me of a nice Indian restaurant with cheap prices at the plaza. there is also an excellent dentist there. and try the Phuket style yellow fish curry soup. 25 baht in the open air market. another story.
but this friendly little place is delightful and friendly. All on the menu is good but I especially like real roti and cauliflower aloo gobi. any of the curries are nice. but if you like spicy you have to tell the cook. And then wander around the mall. it is interesting and a few other thai and farang restaurants

Reviewed 7 April 2016

In January 2016, I was on a one month vacation in Chiang Mai. Once I was having my lunch in a Thai restaurant, the guy having his lunch started to talk to me. Previous night, he has been to Mae Rim Plaza, for a drink and ended up having dinner in an Indian Restaurant. It was a surprise to me an Indian Restaurant in this remote part of the country.
On the following evening I took a taxi to Mae Rim Plaza and went looking for this Indian joint, as I was tired of eating Thai Food for few days.
John from Mumbai and his Thai wife were running this nice little restaurant. While John looked after the customers his wife was busy cooking. Their 4 year daughter was a running around the place smiling and the customers.
They and few veg and nonveg items in the card. Not expensive, not very spicy. They even made Rotti a type of flat bread from India.
One day, I was walking around the market until they prepared my dinner, in the fish market I saw a Sweetwater fish called Tilapia in the fish stall. I asked John if he could prepare two filets of this for my dinner. They happily agreed. I have never eaten such a nice fish dish in my entire live!!
I ended up taxing to Mae Rim Plaza for a Tilapia meal few times during my stay in Chiang Mai.

Reviewed 25 March 2016

Happened upon this place by accident. Some of the best Indian food I've ever had. I think it was a Lentil Dal that was so exquisite. Just plan on allowing enough time for them to prepare the dishes, as they prepare the food fresh based on your order.

Reviewed 26 December 2015

A friend of mine had advised me this restaurant in Mae Rim Plaza and how right he was as I absolutely loved it. Going to a restaurant should always be a unique experience and particularly for this one. You have to forget about how long the dish might take ( not more than 15 minutes though, don't be that scared ) and just be ready for an absolute wonderful culinary Indian food treat. It is a small restaurant and the very charming owner takes the time to explain and recommend dishes ( he mentions that it does take some time as he and his wife prepare the food with great care and.... love I would add ).
Honestly, it is a long time since I had such a tasty, divine Indian food. The Spinach and Cheese dish was pure delight, so fresh and tasty. I was there for lunch and had just this dish with Indian tea that made it perfect.
John the owner, originally from Mumbay, is a wonderful host, inquiring about the food and we had time to discuss politics, religion and Little champs programme I am so crazy about.
Actually, I loved it so much that I came back the week after with a friend. We had Munghai chicken and a vegetarian dish ( cauliflower and potatoes- again so fresh and well prepared that it just melts in your mouth ) without forgetting the Indian bread.
So, in order to go to this restaurant, you have to make sure that you want to SPEND time and enjoy the food, which is a prerequisite for any real cuisine.

Reviewed 19 November 2015

The two dishes I ordered, the Coconut Daal and the Saag Paneer were among the tastiest Indian dishes I have ever had anywhere in the world, including London, USA and lot's of other places other than India. The owner promptly points out that the food takes time to prepare because it is all fresh. He also recommends that people place their orders in advance and then come back. Super nice people and truly an amazing find in Mae Rim.

1  Thank Jeffreyveghound