Official Site
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
1,947 results
All reviews drawing room shakespeare suite haunted hotel afternoon tea old church beautiful hotel executive room lovely grounds steeped in history scones wedding guests wedding venue evening meal cream tea stratford upon avon every member of staff public rooms
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 August 2021

It must be fifteen years ago the last time I stayed at Ettington, and before that The Spice Girls and Michael Jackson had been staying whilst I was there!
This time I called in for lunch and to also take in a trip down memory lane.
It was a beautiful day, so I sat out on the terrace overlooking the old chapel.
I only had a Caesar salad, but it was superb , with succulent chicken and a crispy skin topping it.
The staff were efficient and the overall cleanliness of the hotel was very good.
I didn’t venture into The Spa, but I’m sure it’s still as good as it was all those years ago!

1  Thank freddiedoncaster
Chris Porter, General Manager at Ettington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2021

Thank you for returning to Ettington and leaving such a positive review.

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit and that we were able to live up to expectations following your visit so many years ago.

I will duly pass on your compliments to our kitchen team for the 'superb' caesar salad they prepared for you.

We hope you won't leave it so long next time before returning!

Reviewed 24 August 2021

4 of us stayed in a family room. It was ideal with a living area for the kids and a separate bedroom for the adults. 2 TVs. Not modern per se (Corby trouser press!) but perfectly nice. No gym but nice grounds for running around. Breakfast was good although dinner was a bit expensive for the offering. The hotel is great for accessing Stratford-upon-Avon. Main positive would be the very friendly and helpful staff.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Chris Porter, General Manager at Ettington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2021

Thank you for leaving a review online, following your family stay here at Ettington Park.

I am pleased to read that you found the room to be comfortable and well suited to your requirements and that you have also enjoyed spending time in our wonderful grounds.

The team have all worked so hard during what has been an exceptionally busy August here at Ettington, so your compliments for the friendly and helpful staff, I know will be gratefully received.

I do hope you will consider a return visit very soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2021 via mobile

We held an 80th party on Sunday 15th August for our lovely mum. Ollie helped us organise the perfect event - COVID safe in our own private dining room. Ollie helped us with every little detail. Then the team looked after us perfectly. We had guests from the age of 16 to 80 and every single one had an amazing (& safe) time. Last minute changes were no problem. The food was delicious (thank you Chef), the room elegant and the staff friendly and hard working. Chris looked after us for the party and was so kind and thoughtful - thank you so much. Wr have no hesitation recommending this hotel for important family events. You made a special day perfect. Thank you to all of you from all of us. The Neary family.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to leave this fantastic review.

I am delighted to read that your Mum enjoyed her 80th birthday celebration here at Ettington Park and your compliments have been duly shared with all the team. Your special mentions for both Ollie and Chris have also been gratefully received.

Your desire to recommend to others is a clear indication of a job well done and reflects all the hard work during what has been a very busy August here at Ettington!

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2021

We stayed 4 nights - Absolutely wonderful hotel and grounds - Dog friendly - Staff were so friendly and helpful - Chef was brilliant and catered for me by making amazing vegan dinners - Best vegan curry ever one evening - Nothing was too much trouble for all the staff - every single one was so polite and helpful. Had a lovely tour of the hotel and grounds by Damon (front of house) - he is exceptional in his knowledge of the hotel and so courteous and a great asset to the hotel. My only gripe is the use of cashmere filled mattresses - so much animal suffering in the cashmere industry - please phase out these mattresses - animal suffering does not equate to "luxury" and is NOT ethical. - thank you to the new manager Chris Porter who took my concerns on board immediately and acted upon them. You have a great team Chris.

1  Thank glenn b

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Ettington Park Hotel.

I am delighted to read your comments about the team, particularly in relation to nothing ever being too much trouble, along with their genuine polite and helpful manner. I know the team will also take great pleasure in reading this.

Your special mentions for Daimon and our Head Chef are also greatly appreciated, thank you.

It was a pleasure to meet you during your stay and hopefully I was able to provide some level of reassurance regarding your concerns over our cashmere mattresses.

Reviewed 21 August 2021

Our 4 night stay was severely impacted by a shortage of staff. Having checked in at 2pm we went down to the lounge where they serve a light menu until 5pm but we were told they were busy with a wedding and unable to serve us!! We told them we were guests at the hotel and this was not acceptable, fortunately, the chef relented and we were served from the menu. Like many in hospitality the hotel is short staffed and this was unfortunately also obvious that evening in the dining room when we were ignored and left far too long before our order was taken. Things didn’t improve at breakfast, although our order was taken quickly by the operations manager it never got to the kitchen and we sat for over 20 minutes without any food or drink. We had to give our order 3 times before it arrived. All this was too much to bear so we asked to speak to the hotel manager who had only been at this hotel for 4 days and apologised for the poor service and understood our complaints. The next morning at breakfast the hotel manager was helping during service which was greatly improved. Over the next 3 days of our stay everyone seemed to be more organised and working better. Hopefully the manager can keep his team working well together although at our final breakfast they had run out of orange juice and sourdough bread, not a good sign.
We had booked a 4 night stay for rest, relaxation and pampering sadly this was not what we were given.

Date of stay: August 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Ettington Park Hotel.

It was great to meet you both during your stay and again my further apologies for the impact some of the staffing challenges had on your visit. It is pleasing to read that this did improve for the remaining 3 days however.

Naturally I am saddened that this visit has not provided you with the complete rest and relaxation that you were looking for and do hope you will consider visiting again, to enable the team to demonstrate a level of service and quality more typical to our usual high standard.