“I had a great experience here! ”
Review of Bajo Dive Club

Bajo Dive Club
Ranked #18 of 129 Tours in Labuan Bajo
More attraction details
Owner description: Bajo Dive Club, enjoy the diving with the first dive school in Labuan Bajo. We offer Daytrips, Rincatrekking-Divekombination (Komodo Dragons), and Dive Safaries.
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

I'm glad I didn't see the recent reviews before I booked my dive trip here, because then I would've missed out. I had an amazing experience through Bajo dive! Ariane was my instructor and she was sooooo fun, passionate, helpful and reassuring. I signed up to complete the 4 open water dives for my certification, and a lot of other dive shops wouldn't take me either because I was alone or because I was not taking an official PADI course (I was taking SDI which is similar and legitimate, but you know..politics gets into everything, even diving!). Ariane took me in and even happened to have another student in a similar situation, so we became dive buddies! We had an incredible time and saw the most beautiful underwater life. I was very nervous, but the guides helped me feel more comfortable. Regarding equipment: The BCDs were very new and in great condition. The regulators also in great condition. There were minor issues with a couple fins and wetsuits, but nothing major. This is not as fancy or expensive a dive shop as others in the area, so I did not expect everything to be perfect. It was overall a fantastic experience. I would highly recommend them!

1  Thank srashid3

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

After screening different companies we chose bajo diving because they offered us an unbeatable price.

We were so excited and then we met Frank the owner. My boyfriend and me also organised another couple to join us. So we brought Frank 2 more clients.

The first expression was just really disappointing and shocking. He was arrogant, rude and unfriendly! Did not talk to our French friends, wearing his sunglasses all the time in the office, talking very very rude with his employees. The equipment he offered us was also pretty disappointing (old!!). Thanks good the divemaster realized my bad bcd and found a better one for me!

The big day came and we started our trip. Thanks god without grumpy frank and just with locals! The boat is not the newest one but for us it was fine: clean, cosy, authentic. And the Indonesian crew was just amazing! Such lovely, friendly and heartwarming persons!! The food was just incredible. Thanks to them we had a perfect trip even though Frank gave us such a bad expression of his own company.

To all divers: if you think about a dive safari, just do it. The dive sites are really amazing and unbelievable.
If you choose bajo dive, make sure there won't be more than 5 divers on the boat AND frank will not join the boat ;)

Cheers
Melanie & John from Germany

Reviewed 15 May 2017

Great place to stay if you are looking for a peaceful place. Few spacious and well laid-out bungalows in a natural, green surrounding. Friendly and caring stuff that make you feel like at home. We strongly recommend their snorkelling/diving boat trips! Stephanie is the best - great person, dive master, and guide.

1  Thank ZuzannaPiotr
Reviewed 20 January 2017

Did two dives with Bajo Dive in December. Didn't really think the boat compared to other boats in terms to how well it was set up for diving. Wouldn't necessarily say the service was bad, but in my experience, Neren Diving, Flores Dive Centre or Manta Rhei are much better options.

1  Thank ps257340
Reviewed 30 December 2016

This was the second time I went to dive in Komodo. This time I went with Bajo Dive Club as a friend of mine organised the entire trip.
The Boat was ok. Not the newest, quite small and a bit rund down, but for the price one pays this is to expect.
The boat crew was brilliant. Very friendly, and helpluf with putting the gear on. The food was all right, sometimes one had to wait quite long. Organization could be a bit imporved. But what dissapointed me the most was our Divemaster Patrice. The briefing was all right, but there was no interest of him showing us animals. As well as his interaction with the guest was very limited. He preferred to play games on his mobile phone.
I will not dive with this operater again, as it does not need a lot to make a big difference. Starting with a good service and good Divemasters

1  Thank Matthias G