“Morning Coffee”

Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Appledore
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2018

I called in for coffee whilst walking the Saxon Shore Way, This is a small tea room. The coffee was very good, as was the fruit scone with honey butter that I had to eat. The tables are a little small and close together and they are a cash only establishment. Service was OK. The lunch menu looked tempting. I have to say that the words 'high class' in the title seem a bit pretentious. Tablecloths are plastic. It's not the Ritz!

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

We called in with our 12 week old Guide Dog puppy and we're made most welcome by the friendly and attentive staff.

Excellent choice of teas and snacks especially the Victoria Sandwich

Reviewed 6 July 2018

We stopped at this small tearoom with its china teacups and tablecloths for a late lunch. We shared a sausage roll with salad which was very tasty but not very big (husband was sorry he had agreed to share!) I then had a blueberry cake which was a bit dry and very sweet and my husband had scones which were rather dry too but came with a good amount of clotted cream and sour cherry jam. It is quite pricey for afternoon tea. Waitor and waitresses were very friendly and they obviously have their local regulars.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Visited this tea shop over lunchtime today. On the menu, it said to refer to the blackboard for the day's quiche, so my friend and I both ordered the smoked salmon and asparagus quiche with salad as on the board. It arrived, we started to eat our meal and realised it was an onion quiche not the smoked salmon and asparagus one as advertised. We continued eating as we assumed they had run out of the quiche we had ordered and didn't want to make a fuss. When the bill came, I mentioned we had been served the wrong quiche, and expected some reduction in the cost ( surely an onion quiche is cheaper than a smoked salmon one?). However, as we hadn't mentioned 'the mistake' initially, there could be no change to the bill. (Surely we had to eat into it to establish it was the wrong one in the first place!) No apologies were forthcoming - I paid and left as I didn't want to make a scene in front of my South African friend. I wasn't impressed and the salad was bulked out with a hugh portion of potato salad. Sorry to be negative - the place looked so inviting but I won't be returning.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Having recently moved to the village after 6 years in nearby Tenterden, I decided to pop in on the way home from a lunchtime with friends at a hostelry in Tenterden. As Miss Mollett's staff will testify, I have called in virtually every day since! They have my sympathy!!!! Always friendly, always attentive the staff are terrific and they serve the best toasted teacake and jam in Kent, bar none. Thanks Miss Mollett to all the team. x