“Fantastic food!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

I visited during the week at lunch time with some friends for a birthday treat, as recommended by one of our colleagues. Upon arrival the staff were friendly and let us choose where we would like to sit. The atmosphere was great although it was not too busy, i suspect because it was lunchtime as i have heard they get busy in the evenings. We ordered two pizzas and a dish from the special menu (plus sides) and we were not disappointed one bit! My pizza with walnuts and raisins was something I had never tried before but was delicious and genius! Why I haven't come across this pizza sooner I don't know! Both my friends enjoyed their meal too and the waitress even gave me a glass of wine on the house as a birthday treat. I don't usually write reviews but I had to make an exception on this occasion. We will see you soon olivios.

1  Thank S A

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Visited Olivios on 1st November as a party of 4. Ordered drinks and my G&T covered 3mm in a narrow glass. No ice and no lemon. No bread, water or olives on table. Two of our party ordered the Minestrone soup which when it arrived looked a disgusting brown slurry and tasted just as bad. We had difficulty attracting any member of staff, even when we were waving our arms in the air. Eventually, a waitress came over and when we complained, took the dishes away without a word of apology. The soups were replaced, but there was only slight improvement. I ordered lamb-shank with mushrooms and was served mashed potatoes instead of the mushrooms. Again we had a problem attracting staff attention. My plate was taken away and returned with most of the mash badly scraped off. The mushrooms arrived some five minutes later. At no time did anyone apologise, but we were asked if we wanted tea or coffee.

When the bill arrived, it was supposed to be itemised, but nearly every item was listed as a 'special'. The explanation for this was "The till is broken!"

A we were leaving the waitress came over and apologised for the terrible service. We told her it was too late to say sorry and that we would never return

1  Thank Eddie D
Reviewed 5 November 2017

Great local restaurant very busy typical Italian. Our friends had the minestrone soup and smoked salmon starter. For our main meal the veal Milanese with spaghetti which was enjoyable. Our friends had the pasta which they enjoyed too. If you want a local Italian meal then that is what you get. Perhaps a little dated decor. We would return again.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Here I am again..... please see my previous review in December 2016.
This friendly family based business is still keeping up it's very good standards.
Very popular with the 'older' diners. Booking is advisable especially at the weekends
Lovely delicious, well presented food at very reasonable prices
Will definitely visit again

Cannesdid...... surfingsyd

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

This is a nice little restaurant in Bushey heath. A traditional Italian menu. Slightly dated feel about the place, and standard 80’s style menu- (sorbet served in a whole lemon) mixed with a more modern kinder bueno milkshake option.

Nothing wrong with it at all- nice and cheap, warm and friendly staff.

Yes,I’d go back again