“Mackerel Fishing tour”

WayPoint 04
Ranked #3 of 10 things to do in Tignish
Type: Other
Reviewed 12 August 2015 via mobile

Captain Kenny made our trip amazing. He answered all my boys' questions and let them experience all they wanted (within safety reason). We caught Mackerel, saw whales and seals - as well we fed the Gannets (which was amazing) - they dive right next to the boat like torpedoes. Kenny was very knowledgeable and friendly - amazing with the kids. He even cleaned our fish right in front of us... They were very tasty. I would highly recommend his tours!! Two thumbs up! Thanks again for the wonderful experience!

Reviewed 5 August 2015 via mobile

Captain Ken is a very knowledgeable passionate person who will take the time to give you the tour you want. We saw seals, gannets diving and on our way back he spotted some activity. So over we went and there we found minke whales. Fantastic. And if you want to fish for tuna there is no one better. Captain Ken knows these fish and will do everything possible to find and help you catch one. This tour was a definate highlight of our trip. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 22 April 2015 via mobile

I've been out on the WayPoint 04 a few times and enjoyed every second I was out. The first time we went out my daughter was 4 maybe 5 and her first trip out on a large fishing boat. We went fishing mackerel. I caught 26. Kenny the captain gave instructions on how to jig and was ready to help when needed. I don't like fish (I know so why was I out there...well for the joy of being on a boat out on the open water) so Kenny took the fish off the hook for me. It was a great experience and the fish were plentiful. It was drop hook haul up a fish was quick. There were other people on the boat as well we all had a great day. Kenny showed my daughter how to fish and how to hold the fish and how to remove the fish from the hook. We got to see some birds I don't remember what they were called they dive deep into the water and back out with a fish. Seagulls of course and seals. Once fishing was done we took a drive down to the rock reef off of North Cape while he BBQ some of the fish we caught for us to try. I didn't have any because I don't like fish but it did smell good. Once at the rock reef there were hundreds of seals pn the reef. It was amazing to see. On the way back to the warf Kenny cleaned all the fish so we could take it home. I've gone out a few times since then and each time is just as fun as the last. I've only done the mackerel fishing trip but one day I want to do the whale watching trip. I'm sure it will be a good experience.

1  Thank tignishbunny
Reviewed 5 August 2014

4 days spent in a small town in PEI surrounded by happy, generous and simply amazing people will make everyone realise what's important in life!
My daughter and I visited a dear friend who just had her first baby in Tignish, PEI and spent an awesome 4 days...the beaches are fantastic, the food is superb and the local restaurant, Cousins is friendly and clean with reasonable prices.
Three B&B-s will accommodate guests.
ATV-ing on the beach, horse back riding nearby, enjoying a lobster feast on the beach are just a few of the activities you can do: the list goes on and on.
The church is spectacular and the service is a true reflection of what this little community is all about.
Enjoyed every minute of our trip!

1  Thank Edith S
Reviewed 16 April 2014

great way to spend the day with captain Kenny,you'll be guarantee a great time,and that's no fisherman's tale.

2  Thank waynegaudet