“A nice place to stay, but...”

Tahoe Seasons Resort
Ranked #30 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We just got back from a week at the Tahoe Seasons Resort and I am torn on how to rate it.
There are so many good things,
The Staff.
The Valets are true professionals. I watched them for days during slow and busy times both. Moving cars around in the tight entrance quickly while still being nice and helpful to every customer.
The front desk staff was also great. We arrived early, traveling from the east. They let us check in 2 hours early.
The bell desk helped unload our pile of bags and grocery items, take them to our room and show us around the room and how everything worked.
The Lobby was nice with great areas for sitting and talking.
The Roof, yes the roof. A finished area with tennis courts, shuffle board, gas grills and seating all around.
The Room (2/3 of it). On one side there is a nice living room with sofa sleeper. On the other side the is a nice bed room with a great bed and a wet bar area with a small fridge and microwave.
But, the bad things,
No cell phone service in the building. But, there was on the roof.
The open concept raised bathroom in the center of the room. I may be old fashion, but I want more that a shutter between me and the person watching TV in the front room when I am taking a shower in a tub that is 5 foot by 5 foot.
You will have to make your own decision on if you stay here. But, if they could somehow hook the cell service to the wi-fi, that would help.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 July 2012

My husband and I stayed 7 days at Tahoe Seasons. When we arrived, we were surprised to see the valet. We loved that it was in a beautiful wooded area. Valet is a great touch if you have the choose to use it, there is no other option at Tahoe seasons. From the first time having to use this service I felt rushed, not that the valet staff made me feel this way but I like to unpack my vehicle with time. Other people were arriving and departing at the same time.It just felt like I was in the way. Once entering, the front desk acknowledge us right way that was nice. When arriving to our room we were happy to see a large hot tub in the middle of the room.
I did look around for a shower however there is only a long neck shower head attached on the wall inside the hot tub, not good! I found that the kitchen was a kitchenette with a small microwave, fridge and sink again, not good. I was given some reading material upon check in. I found that we would be able to use the bbq up on the roof, the tine kitchenette was not so bad. By our third night I was incredibly irritated with the air conditioner constantly turning off. It is monitored by some kind of sensor. The bed was good but on the third day I was in so much back pain, it was hard to go out and be active. I had to pull the sofa bed out it was not as soft and seemed to help a bit. I was very pleased with the bbq and a shuffle board game they had available. This is a great place in winter, for folks that enjoy skiing, no more then 5 to 6 hours of sleep and going out to eat. Needless to say won't be staying there for more then 2 day!

Room Tip: 6th floor has a patio.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2012

This would be great maybe for a ski getaway for a romantic couple with that large jacuzzi in the middle of the unit and because it's in the wooded section of Tahoe, a bit up from the lake, and the Heavenly lift is just a stroll down the street. The people who work at Tahoe Season's are all very friendly, and I was a bit relieved that the valets were all mature men over 30 (I was with someone who works with valets and told me horror stories of what many young valets had done to other people's cars). I didn't make it to the restaurant on site, but heard it was really good even though it only offers breakfast and a boxed lunch to go if you get the order in early (I think it had to be in by ten am).
I knocked the score down a point because after the fourth day, I was looking forward to leaving because it wasn't the kind of timeshare I'm used to. I really missed some basics like parking my own car, having a patio or balcony, and cooking in a real kitchen. If I could, I'd give it a three and a half, but bumped it up because I truly believe many people would love it here despite my quirks and the staff really was nice.
As to my issues, I asked if I could just park the car myself and was nicely told no because the way down to the underground parking is a very narrow and twisting (this is CA where people would sue if they bumped the wall). I couldn't even walk down there alone to get something I left in my car--they had to have a valet walk me down and it's very dark down there. If you like making your own food to eat inside once it a while, think camping. The unit has a little dorm-size 'fridge, a microwave, a little sink without a garbage disposal, and some paper cups--that's all, folks. Plan on bringing everything from salt and pepper to cutlery, bowls, a cutting board, plates, etc. I even brought an electric skillet. The space is really tight to prepare food, but luckily the one bedroom units have a decent table with padded bench-style sitting directly across from the microwave. I got tired of piped-in air conditioning and felt antsy for fresh air form a balcony, patio, or anywhere to walk outside, but I was on the sixth floor. It's nice up on the roof, but someone told me they close it in winter. Too bad; it would be nice to watch the skiers from there.
I thought the layout of the unit, which some complain as odd, was a creative and nice way to deal with quite limited space--my guess is that it was about 400-600 sq. ft in a long rectangle. Upon walking in there is the little carpeted living room, then you step up some five inches to the tiled area where there is a tub (with a shower wand) across from the long bathroom sink and vanity (the toilet is in a very tiny "water closet" next to the sink), then you step down to the level with the sink and micro across form the dining area and beyond that is a partially enclosed bedroom with a window facing the trees and slope and a gas fireplace that lights right away at the push of a button. Don't expect much privacy if as a couple you bring someone else to sleep on the pull out sofa.
I am a member of Monarch Grand Vacations, so this is one of about a half dozen resorts we can choose from. We don't own the place, but have rights to use a certain number of units. As I recall reading on the www years ago, the owners had a vote whether or not to upgrade and they turned it down, most likely it would add a lot to their yearly fee. I think at least having a real kitchen in the unit would have been a valuable investment in Tahoe Seasons Resort. Although I think a couple who spend most of their time on the slopes, then eating in town (many great restaurants are all over South Lake Tahoe) would love the place, I think that if I return I will try to trade into a different resort just because of my own particular preferences. I was impressed driving through the northern part of the lake, though it's more woodsy, it's also far less stimulating.

Room Tip: My place faced the slopes. I don't know if the other side has a view to the lake, probably not...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Salton_Sea_Lass
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We stayed at Tahoe Seasons Resort for a week during our honeymoon. Our stay was outstanding from start to finish. We were warmly welcomed our first day and all questions were promptly answered by the staff. The concierge was extremely helpful and we used almost all of her suggestions during the week - all were great recommendations for us. Our suite was perfect - we had a living room area, a bathroom area (separate room for the toilet - WONDERFUL) with plenty of counter space for my stuff, several closets, a HUGE jacuzzi (perfect for two "big-boned" people like us - we enjoyed our post-hike bubble baths almost every day), a kitchenette (good for keeping our hiking food, milk and cereal, and leftovers), table and chairs, and queen-sized bed. Both TVs in the suites were brand new widescreen TVs. There was also a fireplace, which we did not need since it was summer. The weather was 70s during the day and 40s at night, so we never had to use the AC. We kept the windows open the entire time and enjoyed the fresh air. The bed was firm and comfortable. There were plenty of pillows, but they were too firm for my liking (my husband LOVED them).
We were advised of different delivery places and we did enjoy pizza one night delivered right to our suite.
We had breakfast at the resort two of our seven days there. Breakfast was excellent, very filling, and reasonably priced. There is a small coffee maker in the suite, but we did not use it. On mornings when we did not eat breakfast in the restaurant, we got coffee from the gift shop.
The bar and restaurant were open from Friday to Monday. We had dinner and cocktails on Saturday night - absolutely fabulous and fillinig. Very fresh!
All staff were helpful, warm, and welcoming. Valet was never a problem, although we did plan our outings so that we had as few trips in and out each day as possible. Valet staff opened car doors, helped us with our stuff, gave suggestions for attractions and restaurants, and were very prompt in getting us our car - even when there were many other guests retrieving/leaving their cars, too. We tipped a few dollars each time, although there was no outward indication from the valet staff that this was an expectation. Everything is within about 5-10 minutes of the resort. If the resort was not on the side of the mountain, it would have been easy to walk everywhere (the road is quite steep!).
The roof of the resort, in my opinion, was not built up enough! The roof is a huge area where shuffleboard and tennis courts are. There is also a large grilling area with tables and chairs for guests to use as they pleased. The views from the roof were spectacular - you could see the lake with the snow-capped mountains as a backdrop, or you could look up at beautiful Heavenly, the majestic neighbor to the resort! It was certainly a romantic spot we enjoyed at the resort.
I highly recommend this resort to couples. I could see a small family also enjoying it. The decor inside our suite was definitely from 1989, but we did not care. We had a wonderful honeymoon!

Room Tip: If you don't like the noise during the day, don't get a room over the pool and spa. We did n...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LittleMel104
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Well if you like to ski, this is the place to stay. They are right near Heavenly resort, you can walk to the ski lifts. The rooms are remodeled and the staff is great....I highly recommend this Resort/Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family