Hotel Becket
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Stardust Lodge(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Paradice Motel(South Lake Tahoe)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Bluelake Inn at Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Heavenly Inn Lake Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Thunderchief Inn(South Lake Tahoe)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbbq restauranttempurpedic mattressheavenly villagehotel was recently renovatedjacuzzi and saunagreat bbqquick weekendquaint hotelwalking distance to shoppingnew carpetingroom locationwould definitely stay here againoutdoor fire pitstaff was very friendly and helpfulupdated roomsa pet friendly hotelgrassy area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The room was recently remodeled, however they didn't take their time. For example, the toilet would rock back and forth. The shower head had very little pressure and no vent fan to take the steam out. The bed felt like a temper pedic at first, but we didn't sleep well. The heater and the mini fridge worked well.

One thing that drove me crazy was breakfast was included in the $20 per night fee, but it was horrible! When we went inside the restaurant they only had limited selections of cereal and yogurt. No fresh fruit, the coffee was out (took a long time to refill) and they only have one waffle maker that takes 2 minutes and 30 seconds to make a waffle. That doesn't sound like a long time, but when you are waiting in line it takes forever. They really need to fix this in my opinion.

Now the good. It was right across the street from Heavenly Village and another shopping center so you can walk everywhere. This makes this hotel a great choice because you are next to all the action.

We stayed on the top floor and really didn't get bothered by noises, but you can hear people coming down the walkway.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Mark D, General Manager at Hotel Becket, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Thegame2k3

I appreciate the feedback and I am sharing the room issues with our hotel maintenance team. Our hotel location cannot be beat and be able to walk throughout South Lake Tahoe.

I will also share the restaurant issues regarding breakfast with our restaurant partner.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We arrived after an EXTREMELY long time, got in at 5:30 am. Daniel who was working the grave yard shift was a sight for sore eyes after that journey. He made our check in as pleasant as possible and even gave us some batteries for our walkie talkies. He was extremely friendly, even after dealing with a large group of equally tired people, who weren't very kind to him. The beds are comfortable and the room is warm and nice and clean and the proximity to the gondola is 5 mins! Also the shower pressure is great! The only weird thing, is that they provide a coffee maker, coffee cups, coffee paraphernalia but no coffee. We thought maybe the house keeper made a mistake, but after cleaning our room, she still had not provided coffee. The restaurant next door is very good too, and great for grubbing when you're tired off the mountain. I enjoy my time here every time, and again give many props to Daniel, he's the best!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Mark D, General Manager at Hotel Becket, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear umbudge:

Thank you for the stellar review of Hotel Becket and the kind words regarding our associate Daniel. I will certainly remind my housekeeping team members about attention to detail on the coffee service components.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel Becket in the near future.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

We only stayed here because our room at Lakeside Inn mysteriously disappeared the day before our arrival and Vail Resorts shuffled us off to this place as a replacement for the same price we were to pay at the Lakeside (we'd originally booked through Vail since we're ski passholders). Looking at the pictures on the internet, we thought it looked like a nice hotel, and since we were only going to be there one night, we accepted Vail's offer. Upon arrival, we asked for a room up front as we'd planned to walk over to the gondola in our ski boots and wanted the easiest way to get there. The front desk clerk took about a hot minute to stick us in the very back of the hotel. I'm guessing we got the Vail Resorts "special room" (read, cheap) because it looked like it was a holdover from the motor lodge days that they spent about an hour "renovating" and called it a day. Carpet was frayed, there were cracks in the wall and the best part, a 4 inch screw sticking out of the lamp over the bed which contained no light bulb (see picture). If you weren't paying attention, you could spear your eye out on that thing. Nice maintenance there Hotel Becket! And breakfast? Who knows, wasn't discussed or offered, which I know Vail paid the resort fee because it was on my receipt and it should have been offered. Beings as we couldn't wait to get out of there, we packed up and left early in the morning and went elsewhere to eat. Just a junky, gross, poorly maintained hotel. I'll be letting Vail Resorts know how our stay went as well.

Room Tip: Just don't stay there.
2  Thank NVSteelergirl
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Pros: Location. It is a short walk from the Heavenly gondola. I did do the walk in ski boots, and it wasn't a horrible walk. It is convenient to the village, and there are a lot of good restaurants and shops within walking distance. The transit center is also within walking distance if you want to wander further. In the opposite direction of the village, the lake is also within walking distance. The beds and pillows in the room were very comfortable. It was also nice to see that the rooms had dual flush toilets. Hot tub was nice. Unlike a lot of other hot tubs, the jets run full time and you do not have to convince someone to get out of the tub to reset a timer. I traveled with a large group, and quite a few issues were encountered (more on those later). To the hotel's credit, the staff did address those issues when they could and did try to remedy the situation.

Cons:

Hotel Becket is actually a group of unconnected buildings. Depending on which building you end up in, you may be a block away from breakfast and the main lobby. It's not a nice thing when the weather is bad. The elevator in my building was tiny. Fortunately, our baggage was handled by the staff, so that was not that big of an issue When we got to our room, we discovered that the carpet was soaked, and there was a huge puddle of water in the bathroom. The problem was reported to the office, and we were promptly moved to new rooms. Unfortunately, various issues especially regarding room temperature control were reported by my group. After a few days, the in room refrigerators froze everything in it. This happened to a good number of people in my group. Another common issue was that each room came with a single serve Keurig coffee maker. Housekeeping did not always replenish the supplies, so there were times that you could not make coffee in the morning due to the lack of pods or cups. The bathroom sink vanity is outside of the bathroom. That in itself is not a problem, but the vanity is a bit on the small side. If you have two people sharing a room, there isn't much room to put both people's toiletries. There isn't a ski room, so you do have to store your skis and boots in your room. Breakfast was a bit chaotic especially on the first day we were there. Breakfast was a buffet, but the way that the food was arranged caused a huge backup. The waffle maker was placed in front of the rest of the food. It takes quite a bit of time to make waffles, and people who were not getting waffles did not always move around. Rearranging the food would make the line move a lot faster. The waffle maker should be a separate station as well was the coffee and juice.

Given that I found that the staff of the hotel to be very kind and accommodating, it is rather unfortunate that so many issues were encountered. I think better maintenance of the rooms would make the experience much better.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Mark D, General Manager at Hotel Becket, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear Romans5:

We are sorry to hear of your recent experience at Hotel Becket. We use all comments to help us understand our short comings and use as training tools to guide our staff with the goal to prevent future occurrences.

I have passed your restaurant/breakfast comments on to our restaurant operator and I am sure your feedback will be well received. I am personally following through with our housekeeping department to correct the coffee situation. Thank you for the candid feedback and we hope to welcome you back to the Hotel Becket in the near future.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

We enjoyed our stay. The hotel is located in a convenient spot to walk to restaurants, shopping, music, and Heavenly Gondola. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and modern. And the staff was very friendly and helpful. The only issue I experienced and others should be aware of is the $20 resort fee add-on to the bill. When I booked online direct through their website I received a confirmation email showing the room cost, local taxes and the "total charge". When my credit card charge came through it was $20 more. I called and was told this was a resort fee for parking, wi-fi, breakfast and other amenities. I suggest the hotel correct this as quickly as possible. Seems very misleading to say these are included when in fact it is another added charge.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank CaliDart
Mark D, General Manager at Hotel Becket, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Good Day CaliDart:

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at Hotel Becket. I am so proud of the associates we have at our hotel and glad you found them friendly and helpful. We love hospitality and it shows in our associates.

I will certainly make corrections to our confirmation e-mails, we have made sure we have the additional resort fee listed on our website. We want everyone to be aware of all charges.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.