“Deserves the good ratings”
Review of Macduff's Pub

Macduff's Pub
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 May 2017

I had business recently in South Lake Tahoe and was looking for a place for a late lunch. The ratings of MacDuff's from both TA and other rating sites almost sounded too good to be true but I figured it was worth a try. I'm glad I did.

We ordered the fish and chips and the corned beef and cabbage. Both were really excellent, not to mention HUGE. The fish and chips was two large slabs of well fried haddock with a light, crispy coating. The fries were obviously freshly cut. My only complaint was everything was just a slight bit greasier than a "perfect" version would be.

The corned beef and cabbage was a large bowl filled with home cured beef, cooked cabbage seasoned with dill and homemade mashed potatoes. This was comfort foot at its best.

Overall, I was very impressed with MacDuff's and now see why they receive the ratings that they do. Now I need to find a time to get back to Tahoe to try their chicken pot pie and their shepherds pie!

Reviewed 16 May 2017

My husband and I just got into Tahoe and saw the reviews of Macduff's and were eager to try it out. Let me just say the clam chowder was great to start and my husband had the fish n chips and it ranked in the top two of his favorites. He's a fish n chips junkie! The pieces of haddock were HUGE with tons of fries. I had the chicken pot pie and the crust was extremely flaky! I'm a protein junkie myself and wish it had maybe a tad bit more chicken but overall, it was delicious! We were convinced (and rightfully so) to take a bread pudding to go and I'm glad we did because it was WONDERFUL! It was a huge portion as well and now we have dessert for tomorrow, too! We definitely plan to go at least one more time during our stay here!!!

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

We visited Macduff's and were mightily impressed with the ambience and atmosphere of this cosy and busy pub. The food was delicious, the wait staff were magnificent and the atmosphere was warm and welcoming. We would definitely recommend this pub to visitors to this region.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

Sitting under the starts the evening was about as perfect as it can be. The view the clean air. My husband and I each got the 4 shots of beer and cider for tasting. I got the pizza which was terrific with a very nicely cooked crust and enough to take with us for a snack later. My husband got the burger and the grilling and smoked flavors were really tasty. The waitress Marina made great recommendations and was generous with her time and laughter. As the night chilled we easily moved in and was able to listen to the live music. Wonderfully romantic for an old time tested couple. We were not rushed at all and were able to enjoy one of the most beautiful places on earth.

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

The wife and I swung into Macduff's Pub last night for dinner and I have to say it was definitely worth it !
The atmosphere and food was delicious. The wife had Shepard's pie with real lamb and I had the fish and chips. The fish was so flaky and crisp, the fries were done to perfection. It came with cole slaw and I believe homemade tarta sauce because I've never tasted anything like that before, it was outstanding. Before dinner we tried a couple of local brews and they were both excellent.
If your hungry and want a meal that feels like home cooking an stick to your ribs meal then I would definitely recommend Macduff's for sure.