“Fresh Fresh Fresh ”

Sushi Samuri Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

We sat at the bar and had great service and delicious sushi
We happened to make it for Happy Hour which is well worth it. Great selection to choose from. Overall great experience..

Reviewed 18 June 2015

The sushi we ordered were great which adds up really quick. We ordered 2 large saki's $8 each, one cold nice saki for $14. food total was $46 or so... but again the food was great, the chefs are laid back and fun to be around who make the rolls right there in front view. everything is made fresh and so I can't complain and would definitely come here again. A must do!

Reviewed 25 December 2013

If you are the kind of diner that cares only about food quality - and does not get annoyed or distracted by completely terrible service - then consider Sushi Samurai. Our server was doubling as a bartender though there seemed to be ample staff in the restaurant. She messed up our order, missing parts of it. Never brought my daughter's food - we eventually asked someone else who went into the kitchen and brought out a freezing cold chicken teriyaki. They forgot our Shumai and a roll I added mid-meal (despite my better judgment). We were watching the tables around us and they were all equally upset with the service.

A nice busser told us that she had let someone know of our troubles - and I was astounded that after service that ranked in the bottom 1% of my dining out experiences, for a $90 bill they discounted $6. What a poor showing. Please note that almost all of my other reviews on trip advisor are positive.

1  Thank jonwolf22
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Now, I did not expect to find a very good sushi place up here in Tahoe. What made this cute place a fun place is the fire pit that diners can huddle around and warm up while dining. The main man personally introduces the specials for that evening. The night we went, there about ten special items on the menu, fresh oysters, fish from Hawaii, Etc.
Get there for happy hour where the drinks AND the rolls are at such good prices, and yes, the fish is fresh!
Try it, and enjoy

Reviewed 26 October 2013

While the service was slow and the atmosphere certainly not cosy it really was excellent sushi. We tried a variety of different dishes and all were very fresh and tasty. Wine was however overpriced and we were given no choice.