“Not That Special”

Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites
Ranked #6 of 65 Hotels in South Lake Tahoe
Reviewed 29 October 2017

We spent 3 nights at the Postmarc. The staff seemed very friendly on the phone when I made the reservations but acted as though it was a strain to be friendly in person. The overall condition of the hotel shows a lot of age. The claim was it was built in a few years ago but I think that was a remodel. The finish of the outside door is wearing off, the window shades were bent, etc. The refrig was not very cold and the drinks were really warm to drink. It is also important to note that there is no elevator and after having a total knee replacement and COPD the steps were a bit of a challenge (especially at the elevation). The room needed to be vacuumed as there was debris on the floor. Housekeeping came daily per our request and they did a good job. The best feature of the room was the duel shower. However, my major complaint is the WiFi. We work via the web while traveling and the connections were up and down every few minutes making it impossible to take care of business. I asked the front desk if there was a problem and they said no. I moved my work to the common room off the lobby and that WiFi was just as bad. I ended up using my phone as a hot spot. If I return to Lake Tahoe I will not stay at the PostMarc. In summary, if I was 20 something and had been skiing all day I would have liked this hotel a lot more.

Room Tip: McDonalds is across the street and IHop is in the same block. We stayed in the back thus street noi...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Scott M, General Manager at Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

We appreciate your business and feedback. Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

I recently stayed here for a weekend and it was fantastic. From the moment we showed up we were greeted by a friendly staff. Jessica at the front desk was able to provide us with great recommendations on food and where to get relaxing glass of wine after our long drive in. The location is perfect there was a short walk to great restaurants and a quick drive (Uber/Lyft) away from the casinos. I will definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Scott M, General Manager at Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you for staying with us! We truly appreciate your business and feedback. I will pass this along to Jessica who will love to hear it. Can't wait to have you back.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I really loved this place. very professional and friendly staff. large room size very comfortable bed. very neat and clean and freshly scented room. my baby also enjoyed a lot especially in the guest sitting area where he found his toys to play around. very close to the Tahoe Lake and other nice and best restaurants. we also got a discount at the restaurant when we showed our Tahoe Lake room keypass. I would strongly recommend to my friends when they visit this place.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Scott M, General Manager at Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Truly appreciate you staying with us. Thank you for your business and feedback. Hope to see your family again when in Tahoe.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here the last day of our honeymoon. The rooms were clean and very cute. The hotel is right next to the lake and a lot of beautiful shops and restaurants. They have complimentary bikes for the guests. It's so fun to use one and bike around town. This hotel was great.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Scott M, General Manager at Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Really glad you 'loved it'! That makes us very happy! Congratulations on your honeymoon. Hope to see you again on the next one. Thanks again.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

We chose this hotel because it had lots of good reviews, and it was clean and comfortable and in a good location. However, the wifi was unreliable and there is no breakfast, only coffee. (an IHOP is located next door). Lots of street noise if you're on that side. It wasn't bad, but next time I'll try something else.

Room Tip: Stay away from street side rooms
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Scott M, General Manager at Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your business.