“Food”

Restaurant ''Gardens''
Ranked #3 of 26 Restaurants in Rab Town
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Steakhouse, Croatian
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent service from the start. Very friendly waiter. We got our food very quickly and it was excellent . We will be back next time we are on Rab . reccomended!

There are newer reviews for Restaurant ''Gardens''

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Simply the best beefsteak is my recommendation! New combination that you can not find elsewhere. Try it!

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Where to start? Service was kind of ok, but then.... We ordered and then I went to toilet. First thing I see on the way(??) to toilet: Freezer, with employee filling it. Full of meat! I started thinking that I Wish we wouldn't ordered yet... Freezer in the customer's area in a "Good" restaurant?? Gordon Ramsay should come here asap! There shouldn't be one in a first place, but in customer's path?? And there were also tables after that... The food: You have to pay and ask for the bread and garlic, which in everywhere else in the island is standard and by the house. We decided to have pleskavica (meat burger) and Lamb CHOP's, served with YOUNG POTATOE's and cheese sauce. Well... Meat burger came in raw. And because we cant now is it pork, beef or pork-beef, I told the waiter to come take it back as we don't want minced meat to be raw. He looked at it for a second (that is it raw or not), and then took it away without saying anything. After couple of minutes he came back asking what instead would she eat??? So they can't cook the meat like we want? So she took the same I was having, or already had almost eaten... After 10 minutes or so the new food came. Then to Lamb... I don't no which part of lamb it was, but it wasn't Chops. And it was dry and overcooked, surely from the freezer I witnessed earlier.. Shame, because there are many many many lambs in the Island and the neighbouring island Pag....And potatoes wasn't young potatoes, as you can imagine young potatoes are small potatoes of the season? Their Young potatoes were just frozen potato wedges!! and the sauce... It tasted the same as the powder's you buy from market's and just add water... So if this is a ranked 3. best restaurant in the whole island, all the others has to be VERY very disappointing ... Luckily this isn't the case, this restaurant has just some kind of a tripadvisor-syndorme, where it used to be good when the most of good review's came, or the most people coming in just don't know how their food should be. Read the bad reviews, in this case they are true, this is very touristic place, build for tourism, from the freezer to the table. Nothing real about that. There are good restaurants in the islands, but they are mostly outside of old town. Outside of town you get also better prices. Usually I never post any review's, because I rarely get so disappointed, but now was the time....

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We ordered a meat platter for two. There was more then enough rice and fries on it, the meat was mainly over cooked. There were two Frankfurt sausages and two pieces of thick bacon, way too heavy and completely wrong for mid July. The rest of the meat was okish , but grilled way too far. The service was friendly but that is kind of standard on the island . And the food was also average as everywhere else where we've been. We would have given it two stars if there were other places that were much better , but unfortunately that is not the case. Food on the island is just so standard touristy stuck in the 80's communism, such a shame if you see what abundance of fresh produce is available on this island blessed by the climate.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

We had really nice dinner with family a friends, very kind a friendly waiter, perfect fishes, large portions and nice welcome drink too. Thank you, we'll definitely come again!
Tomas