“Best restaurant yet!”

Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Tinajo
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2017

We had such a lovely meal. Fantastic local starters, goat goulash, steaks and fish. Great service, Stratus wine and local craft beers from Tinajo. This is a must visit restaurant in Tiagua.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

We visited this restaurant last year for a Sunday lunch so decided to go again this year also for Sunday lunch we booked a table couple of days in advance as we know it gets really busy. On arrival given a piece of local cheese and glass of Sherry a nice touch. I ordered a starter the hose special marinaded smoked salmon see picture it was very good great taste liked the display of various items served in onion skins. I ordered the roast pork my wife ordered the slow cooked goat, both from the meal of the day. My wife's meal the goat was very tender and tasty, my pork looked good lots of crackling unfortunately I don't eat the crackling, but the disappointment for me was the half of a young pigs head I left that as did not appeal to me. But last year the pork was delicious. Very good service nice white table clothes and napkins. Enjoyable lunch but I thought a little on the pricy side. €75 for both of us with a bottle of good wine.

2  Thank Vernon S
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

A wonderful, welcoming place to eat. Lovely food and a beautiful outside area. The staff are attentive and the service is quick. Very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Having driven from Puerto del Carmen to Famara Beach we walked the most beautiful beach in the island. It is about a four mile walk to the end of the beach and back. With our appetite whetted we headed for El Tenique. What a joy. Having parked up we were met at the door by a very pleasant waiter offering us some goats cheese and a small refreshment. We sat outside and I had the recommended goat stew which I found absolutely gorgeous. With it I had a delightful beer. My wife had a spaghetti with salmon and prawns. She had a special glass of local Lanzarote red called Bermejo. We both had coffee and were given a honey rum liquor with the bill. Overall a most enjoyable experience and the first time my wife has given a 10/10 for a meal. Definitely coming back.

1  Thank Redpaul58
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We had driven past this restaurant a couple of times before visiting. We were met at the door by the host laden with shots & local cheese - unfortunately 3 out of the 4 in our family don't drink alcohol & don't eat cheese, but the intention was well received. Inside the restaurant is tastefully decorated, but the menu and quality of food supplied didn't match up in our eyes.. When the meal was over a further round of shots arrived with only one taker. When we left the restaurant the host made a point of saying goodbye to us.
Please don't be put off by this review - it is a lovely place with friendly staff, I think in our case was that the menu and food was a not a good match for our conservative (meat & two veg) tastes