“Oh Gor Blimey what a let down!”

T&J Kelly Pie and Mash
Ranked #30 of 71 Restaurants in Loughton
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Love pie and mash - have visited this place a few times before and lived in hope of it improving but .....entered the cafe, doors were shut despite it being 26 degrees outside. It was absolutely sweltering inside. 3 people serving. Asked for double pie and mash for me - was looked up and down In disgust by the elderly woman serving (I weigh 8 stone). Ordered further 2 pie and mash, can of drink and a tea. In a flash she charged us £14.80, served up food and shouted for the tea. It never came until I finished my meal. The pies had a really hard pastry and it was hard to find the filling in them. 2 builder types who ordered food after me queried where their food was. Again the surly woman said 'oh you should have reminded me after 5 minutes if you don't get your food'. They replied that they had been waiting 30 minutes'! This place is a joke - that woman is horrid, scuffing up and down chatting, is rude but quick enough to take the money! Come on. Sort it out!!!

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

I love this place always my go to when in the area. It's like popping home to mum and dad or grandma and grandad

Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

Been going to Kelly's for over 40 years. Delicious!!! Very traditional setting always good food very popular so the food is always fresh.

1  Thank Gill Q
Reviewed 21 February 2017

This establishments has to be owed by one of the most famous Pie and Mash families that come out of the East End of London.
eg.(Roman Road, Bow).
With so many people migrating from the East End during the 1960, Kelly's opened here in Debden Broadway.
There are no frills here at this place but what you do get is good quality, Traditional East London Pie and Mash and Liquer. Stewed eels. What more can you ask for. No copy cat stuff sold here, only the real maccoy.

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

My mother, grandparents and great grandparents live(d) in and around Loughton so I have grown up eating pie and mash at Kelly's. The staff are lovely and to this day remember me and always ask about my family. I have moved out of the area but always try and eat at Kelly's when visiting the area. I will always recommend Kelly's and it is still the best pie and mash I have ever had.