Very nice place, located in a quiet hamlet nearby to lots of great walking opportunities and not far from Buxton either. Cottage was tidy and clean and as advertised. Will be back next time in this area.
Thank you so much for the lovely few days at ramblers barn. Everything about our stay was so thoughtful and attentive. Ideal for anyone wanting to see the scenic Peak District, perfect location with great walking routes from the doorstep. Defo would recommend!!!
We had a lovely time staying here over a weekend in July. Very comfortable and cosy and exactly what we'd hoped for when booking the place. Would definitely stay here again!
There were a few spiders as others have said but this wasn't an issue, otherwise perhaps the heating and hot water could have been turned on for when we arrived as was cold! Otherwise not a bad word about the place, didn't get a chance to meet our host but she was helpful on the phone for any questions we had.
Wonderfully comfortable base for a Morris Dancing Tour - main party indoor camping in the village hall
-No sign, or way to identify the building- drove past it twice; even pulled up in the drive, but as the cottage had no name number or sign we assumed it was the wrong one. Had no phone signal to call owner
- Key was in door, no communication with owner. Was nice to be left alone, but a greeting or a hello would have been nice
- Under floor heating in kitchen took forever to work (worked well once it did).
- Other cottages I have stayed at usually have a few food items (just a nice gesture), this had nothing.
- Shower wet room, had no heating it (so was cold), its all on a level floor so water spread to the sink and takes forever to drain.
- No hand towels in Bathroom or kitchen
- The cleanliness was just average. A few cobwebs around
- Good location
- Beautiful fireplace, with logs available
- Reasonably prices
- Wifi worked fairly well
- Locals were friendly