“Beautiful palace”

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Visited palace for the first time and it's definitely a must see attraction in Crimea. Stunning views, beautiful architecture. Lots of wonder around areas, nice and peaceful. Definitely recommend for a visit!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,017)

Reviewed 16 December 2016

This is a first palace I had seen in my life. I lived close by, thus as a child was able to go almost every week or when pleased. The place was in much better shape and it was shown more in late 70 early 80th than let say 20 years later. For example, I remember not only visiting library ( which is a separate building) but also holding some books ( I did not read at that time , it was before entering school) with gold covered edges. I think some furniture either aged and got replaced with lesser valuable but 4 years ago palace had no beautiful floor and stunning chick look as before. There were peacocks, walking in the park, white swans and sturgeons in a big lake. All these beauty was gradually gone despite of enormous efforts of stuff to protect this unique place.
The lions probably are not covered for winter and there are a lot of cracks in their gorgeous marble bodies. Yet, they are way better then well known Barcelona's counterparts. Regardless the fact that under Ukrainian government palace deteriorated every time we are in Crimea it is a MUST visit!

1  Thank Gal m
Reviewed 10 October 2016

Beautiful palace, breathtaking view and architecture. One of the must visit places in Crimea. Will definitely come back.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

I visited here as part of a coach party so I was a bit rushed through the different rooms as I had an audio guide my party were finished in the room before my audio guide had finished so the last few minutes of each explanation was missed so if I go back I will take a bit longer as I will be alone

Reviewed 8 January 2016

Actually it was my second visit! Just love the place! The architecture is really breathtaking, especially the sea view, The park is nice though a bit unkept, but the palace is so nice that you close your eayes on drawbacks!