“Fun place with energy, decent sushi, and good service”

Ebisu Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #79 of 948 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Reviewed 12 October 2016

Made a res and when we arrived we were treated to first class reception and prime seating at a busy time. Sushi menu is a little limited, but good. Great service. Friendly. It's a happening place with people, including families having a good time. Not one of my top places, but my wife and I enjoyed the experience overall.

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

Ate here twice the week I was in Richmond on business. Was wanting some raw oysters.

The first night I ordered one dozen Royal Miyagi oysters $18.00 for the dozen. They were served with a nice ponzu sauce. The oysters don't look large but the shell is quite deep so the oysters are a bit meaty, which I like. I also ordered some of the salt and pepper wings which were also good.

The second night I went, I was there in time for their happy hour (4:30-6:30) where they serve the Royal Miyagi Oysters for $0.99 /each (max 12). They also have chicken wings on for $0.69/each (minimum of 10). This time my oysters were served with chopped green onions and (I'm not sure what it was), a chopped up red spice. I personally don't like a lot on my raw oysters (just lemon is fine for me), and I don't like a lot of heat, so I took off most of the onions and kept a little of the red stuff (I have seen this in many oysters at Japanese Restaurants). It was still very good. I found it a little odd that each day I received a different presentation of the oysters.

Service was attentive. Both days I was there, it wasn't too busy but if it were busy I could imagine that it would be a bit noisy.

Go for happy hour!!

Reviewed 25 August 2016

Great Japanese food, Fresh Sashimi, Sushi, Tempura, Sakes, Combo and sets. Even you can try the Happy hours with fresh oysters and fire chicken wings, Japanese beer before 6:30 pm.
Services was excellent and reasonable prices.
The restaurant located on No. 3 Road, Richmond with numerous of parking.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

We go here often, they have good "happy hour" mid day specials. The food is alway great. Staff are good. Location is right on 3 road.

Reviewed 13 June 2016

my wife, nephew, & i had dinner in this resto for the first time and i was impressed because the service was excellent and the food was great not to mention the very reasonable prices per order. i ordered a teriyaki boat and it was delicious. my wife & i shared it and it was enough for both of us but my nephew ordered a different boat for himself. i will definitely go back to this restaurant and would recommend this to others.